𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟐. 𝚅𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚝

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

An ominous feeling grew throughout the town as the night lingered on. The air ripe with the intrepid feelings of deceit and misfortune. A man, tall and with a deceptive look in his eyes, made his way through a small hallway marketplace, constantly looking around in paranoia. Granted he wandered down a path lined with thieves and liars. But it did nothing to damper the wicked in his soul. The man smirked wickedly. His goal was within sight.

The man found himself at a stall. Small in build with a quantity of items that overwhelmed the small frame. There the man sought out a smaller, weasley man hid behind the piles of things to sell.

"I understand you have a shield for me."

The stall keeper motioned his head without a word and walked away. The man followed him behind, close enough but he kept a slight distance to avoid suspicion. He looked behind him as the stall keeper pulled out a yellow shield with three snakes intertwined with each other in knots on the face of it.

"With your swordcraft and this shield," He said, "I guarantee you will win."

The man looked down at the shield, intrigued. "Show me how it works."

"Certainly." The stall keeper recited a small incantation. With those small magic words, the heads of the snakes came alive, popping out of the shield towards the man. He flinched back away from the snakes, watching them with malicious intent.

"When you're competing in the tournament," The stallkeeper said, "you pin your opponent under the shield." The man held a hand forward to touch one of the snakes but pulled it back quickly as the snake moved to bite him. "A snake strikes -" The stall keeper made a hand resembling a snake's head, moving it in the way of a snake, "your opponent will be paralyzed."

The stall keeper slowly handed the shield to the man. "The snakes are now under your command." The man looked down at the shield, watching it as he had before. "They will do anything that you tell them to do."

"Anything?"

"Just say the word."

The man looked down to the stall keeper with an evil grin. He earned a laugh from the stall keeper which he returned before he stopped. He looked down at the weasley man and gave his first command to his new weapon,"Kill him."

The stall keeper had barely any time to react before one of the snake heads lunged towards his throat, killing him instantly. The man smirked over the body before he turned and walked away.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Astride a black stallion, draped in a knight's armor clad in the color yellow with his enchanted snakes boldly on display as his sigil. The man arrived just outside the walls of Camelot. His plan would soon enact. Prideful and malicious, He made his way over to the sign-in table where he was greeted by the kind older man who ran the sing in sheet.