𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟕. 𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚝

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

It was a perfectly fine day within the forest just beyond the walls of Camelot. The birds were singing harmoniously, basking in the warmth of the sunlight that cascaded down from the sky like ribbons of silk. The leaves, ripe with the green colour of spring, swaying gently with the wind, dancing like little tiny fairies on the branches. It was, in the most blatant of terms, harmony. The pure embodiment of harmony.

That is until a very loud and very annoyed groan echoed through the forest.

"Go get this, Rylee. Go get that..." Rylee trudged through the woods, dragging her feet through the dirt while swaying her arms like a mindless Zombie. This look of profound annoyance darkening her features. "I swear, if that old man asks me to do one more thing today, I'm gonna lose it and I am taking everyone-" She exasperated, holding her pointer finger up on both hands while holding her arms out wide "-down with me."

The beautiful song of the birds was dampened again, but not by another annoyed sound from the sorceress. Rather, by a soft laugh from the young man beside her. As per usual, Merlin walked by her side, smiling down at her. "Oh, my poor baby." Merlin cooed, ruffling her hair.

Shooting a look up to him, she bumped his shoulder. "Hey! That is my thing, Mister."

Laughing as she bumped him, Merlin bumped her back. "Hey, there's only so many times I can use it against you." His laughter echoed through the woods, matching the birds in song. "Let me have this!"

Rylee grumbled for a moment, not particularly annoyed at her boyfriend but more... irritated that her own joke was used against her. Letting out a long tired sigh and running her hands through her hair, she looked up at the warlock, a grateful yet tired smile growing on her lips."Sorry, I'm in such a bad mood. I'm just really tired."

The young warlock held her in his gaze. His eyes were soft, remorseful.

Gaius, while a great man that both of them owe more than they dare say to, could be a bit... pushy with his orders sometimes. Overbearing was a word that could be used, but never in front of the old man. If anyone knew that better than Rylee did, it was Merlin.

"What has he asked of you today?" Merlin asked. His tone was sympathetic, gentle. He spoke to her as if anything over a very calm tone would shatter her like glass.

Rylee scoffed, running a hand through her hair. "Let's see..." She held her hand up to count on her fingers. "Deliver drafts to Lord Brindlewood, Lady Marion, Lady Percival, Morgana, which I would have done without him asking, mind you, and finally, uh, Sir Hector. And then, it was cleaning out the leech tank, which in itself is the most strenuous task I have to do. I hate cleaning the leech tank so much. Can't stand the little bastards. Oh, and that was followed up by cleaning up his experiment that went wild, which is really not in my job description but he made me do it anyway. Oh! And now, go get mushrooms and herbs from the woods." She sighed, leaning her head back. "It's just been a very long day, Love."