𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟑. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝙽𝚒𝚖𝚞𝚎𝚑

*a small warning before the chapter begins

*a small warning before the chapter begins. There is a heavy scene that involves a panic attack/mental break. you have been warned*

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Far away from the city of Camelot, in a dark cave filled with a lingering air of fear and secrecy, a woman draped in a red dress molded a clay figure above a well.

She was not welcome in Camelot and she knew that. For she would never be welcomed back into Camelot as she once had been so many years ago. That banishment, that cruelty committed against her would not go unpunished.

With careful strokes of her fingers, the woman molded the clay into the figure of a creature. Once she had finished, the molding was placed into a delicately crafted ornate egg.

Holding the egg in hand, the woman began to chant an incantation. She placed her hand upon the top of the eggs and when she removed it, the egg began to glow. Inside, the molded creature had become alive, with its heart beating steadily.

The woman smiled with evil in her eyes. Her need for vengeance beginning to consume her.  

She placed the egg into the well below her and from it, the egg travelled through a vast underwater cave system before popping up in the source of Camelot's water supply. There, in the calmness of the water, the egg began to crack. 

And as a young man was pumping water out from a faucet into a bucket before he stopped to take a drink for himself, the woman in red watched from her well with an evil grin, incanting a spell over the water, ominously laying a threat onto Camelot as she spoke.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─
𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺'𝘴 𝘈𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘕𝘪𝘮𝘶𝘦𝘩
─•~❉᯽❉~•─

The bells tolled in the morning air, bringing the working day ahead. But some could take it as an omen for as Gaius and Rylee knelt down beside the man who had collapsed in the street, things did not seem right.

Merlin stood over them both, observing them at work. "Aren't you scared?"

"Of what?" Gaius responded with a question of his own.

"That you might catch whatever it is." Merlin answered.

Gaius shared a look with his apprentice, who shrugged in response.

"I'm the court physician, Merlin." Gaius responded, looking at his ward. "This is part of my job."    

Merlin leaned down, taking a spot next to Rylee on the opposite side of Gaius.

"I mean, most of the time," Rylee piped up, "there's nothing really to be scared of."

Words spoken to soon as Gaius flipped the body over. His skin was pale, almost ghost-like with a translucence to it that showed off blue veins in his face that crawled underneath his skin. His eyes were whiter, almost as if his irises had faded away completely.