•2•

The next day, when I arrived at school, I noticed that everyone were looking at me. It wasn't anything new, people staring at me. But this time it felt different.. Like they were looking at me with disgust. I ignored it and made my way to my locker. When I got there I saw a bunch of kids gathered around my locker when they saw me they started whispering. I squeezed through the crowd and saw something that I wasn't expecting to see...

There was a picture of me and Victor. It was when I took the earrings he gave me. The bottom of the photo read:
                  "Her Dad is a cop and she's a thief!"
I felt the tears climbing up and the lump in my throat grew bigger and bigger. I'm not going to cry! I'm not going to cry! Keep it together Ellie!!
"Hey what's going on over there?! Leave her alone!" I heard a unfamiliar voice yell. I looked to see who it was and I saw Hanna James. The new student. "Go ahead!! Move your asses!" She yelled. The crowd cleared up and we were the only ones that were there. I ripped the photo of of my locker and got my books. " Hanna, thank you" I said trying to sound confident. " Yeah, no sweat! I've noticed these kids have been being mean to you. You really need to stand up for yourself! Don't let people step all over you!! " she said with excitement. I chuckled and smiled at her.  "Um.. Do you want to..um.. Maybe hang out sometime?" I asked. " sure! I'll tell you what.. I was supposed to have my birthday party tomorrow but I don't think people will show up.. Maybe you could come?" She asked. I was shocked! No one invited me to a party since what happened last time. " I'll ask my dad if it's okay and I'll get back to you! "  I said as I started walking to class. I think I just made a friend.

Later that day, after school I walked over to th!  district wondering if I should call Hanna and invite her over. "Hey Trudy" I said with a big smile on my face. "Hey sunshine. What's got you so cheerful?" She asked surprised . " oh nothing.. I just made a new friend is all.. " okay then. She buzzed me up and I climbed up the stairs.

"Hey Ellie smelly!" Adam said using the nickname he calls me. "Hey guys" I said and waved to everyone. "Oh Erin! Look what olive sent me this morning! " I showed her the picture of Daniel that Olive sent me. He was wearing the outfit I made him and smiled a big toothless smile. "Oh he's adorable! You truly are a fashion designer" Erin said. I felt my face blush. "Is my dad here?" I asked. Erin nodded and pointed to his office. "Thank you I said and walked towards his office.

" Hi Dad. " I greeted him. He stopped writing his paper work and looked up at me. " Hey honey. How was school? " he asked. " It was okay... About that.. So.. My friend is having a birthday party tomorrow and I was wondering if I can go.. " I asked. I just wanted to get it over with. " what friend? " he asked suspiciously. "Her name Is Hanna James. She's a new student.She's with me in chemistry. There aren't supposed to be there too many people and her parents will be home." I said and almost sounded like I was begging to go. " you know what? Okay. You can go. But you better be back by 10p.m. Do I make myself clear? " he asked trying to sound scary. His tactics didn't work on me anymore. "Crystal" I replied with a big smile on my face.

An:
I know this was a short one but it's important for the next chapter!!  I hope you enjoyed it.
I would love to hear your feedback about my writing!!
Love,
           Xoxo- May❤