𝒊. 𝑩𝑨𝑹𝑩𝑰𝑬 𝑮𝑨𝑽𝑬 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑨 𝑴𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑶𝑽𝑬𝑹

CHAPTER ONE

BARBIE GAVE YOU A MAKEOVER

Kailene Crawford feels a cold breeze against her foot, rays of sunlight break through the small openings of her curtains.

The fifteen year old groans as she pulls her foot back in at the sudden feeling going up her leg. She opens her eyes and checks the time on her phone.

Noticing that her alarm for 9AM hasn't gone yet she tries to go back to sleep. Tossing and turning she fails and eventually just drags herself out of her bed.

After a quick shower the girl changes into and oversized Hawaiian shirt with a white tank top, high waist denim shorts and white sneakers. She combs out her hair before clipping on her favourite necklace.

There wasn't a place she'd go without wearing it. On this chain there was a key the size of her thumb with her name engraved on the back of it.

A very special person had given it to her on her last night in the Valley.

She smiled to herself before leaving her room. She walked across the hall to her parents room. As she prepared to knock she noticed it was empty.

"Dad?" She calls and gets no answer.

"He's already at the hospital Kai." Her mother tells her from downstairs.

The girl frowns slightly before going to where she heard her mothers voice. Kai ended up in the kitchen, greeted with her favourite bowl of cereal.

"Morning baby." Her mother greets as the girl sits down on a stool and begins to eat.

The older woman kisses her daughters cheek which makes Kai squirm and her mother laugh.

"I thought I'd get to say by before you dropped him off?" She questions with a mouthful of cereal.

"He wanted to get the last bit of his treatment done and over with. Besides you can go and visit him whenever you want." Divinia assures before noticing her daughters face

Kailene chewed as she pushed her cereal around the milk in her bowl. Divinia walked up to her and tilted her chin up.

"Baby, your father is going to be okay. He fought through and he survived. He's the strongest person i know, he'll be fine." Divinia says to her daughter, she lets go of her chin and links her pinkie with Kai's.

They unlink them and Divinia kisses her daughters forehead.

"I need to go to the centre soon but why don't you invite a few friends over, have a party, order a hell lot of pizza and do the usual rebellious teenager bull shit." The last part of her mothers words make the girl laugh.