𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝑴𝒀 𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑹𝑬𝑺𝑻 𝑭𝑹𝑰𝑬𝑵𝑫

CHAPTER THREE

MY DEAREST FRIEND

MY DEAREST FRIEND

Moon, Demetri and Kai walk through the Valley Fest entrance and are greeted with the smells of fresh popcorn and the sounds of the band for the festival playing as they march around the venue.

"When are Eli and Miguel getting here?" Demetri asks Kai as the three walk through and look at all the stands.

"They said they'd meet us here." Kai answers.

Demetri walks ahead of the girls. Moon nudges Kai in her stomach.

"What?" Kai asks with a laugh.

"You still haven't told me how your date with Hawk went?"

"It wasn't a date. All we did was go on a drive, blast a bunch of songs and sing them, get some ice cream, walk in the park and make out by a tree for a few minutes." Moon sends her a look. "Okay maybe it was a date."

"You two only made out?" Moon asks with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you mean only- ew gross!" Kai exclaims as she scrunches up her face. "We were by a tree! What did you think we were going to do? Scar a bunch of five year olds."

"Okay. Fair enough." Moon says with a laugh

Over the next few hours the trio played games and won some prizes. Now they had split up and agreed to meet at the stage.

Kai was browsing the food stands when she spotted a gourmet popcorn stand. The girl walks over and begins to browse over the different flavours. She looks to the girl next to her who's waiting for her pack.

"What flavour do you think I should get?" She asks the girl next to her.

The girl makes a confused expression before realising that the curly haired girl was speaking to her.

"I'd go for the salted caramel. Can never go wrong there." She answers.

"One medium salted caramel popcorn please." Kai says to the man working the stand.

He hands the girl her popcorn as she pulls out a $5 bill and hands it to him.

"Manner. Sorry." Kai says before turning to the girl and stretching out her hand. "Kailene Elizabeth Crawford. My friends call me Kai."

The girl shakes Kai's hand. "Victoria Angelique Nichols. My friends call me Tory."

"So can I call you Tory?"