𝒊𝒊. 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑳𝑶𝑶𝑲 𝑯𝑶𝑻

CHAPTER TWO

YOU LOOK HOT

YOU LOOK HOT

Divinia and Kailene sit at their families usual table in the West Valley General Cafeteria, waiting for the nurse to bring Nathan out his room.

Kailene still had her beach clothes on, her Hawaiian shirt was buttoned up though and her mother still wore her red suit and heels.

In front of the two, on the table was three packs of fries and three milkshakes from the diner.

"Why aren't we meeting in his room?"

"Your father wanted an excuse to leave it." Divinia answers before the two spot Nathan wearing a patient gown, pulling his IV stand, a nurse not to far behind him.

He spots his family at their usual place and slowly makes his way over. To the table. The two notice how tired he looks.

A toothy grin washes over Kai's face as she stands up to hug her father.

"Hey kiddo." Nathan Crawford greets as he wraps his arms around his daughter.

After Divinia joined the hug, the three separate and take a seat. Nathan immediately begins to eat the fries that were brought for him.

"How was your day bun bun?" Her father asked calling her by the name of her stuffed bunny.

"It was good. I saw my friends and played volleyball at the beach." Kai tells her father before taking a bite of a fry.

"Did you talk to Eli?" He asks her.

"Are you two finally dating?" Her mother adds making Kai nudge her with her elbow, Nathan snickers as he watches the scene. "What? You two have been smitten for each other since you were kids."

"You mentioned that you had a 'moment' the night before we left." Nathan says as he takes a sip of his milkshake.

"Yeah you even came back with this huge ass smile on your face and that necklace that you haven't taken off since."

Kai looks down to the key that hung from her neck at her mothers words. "We didn't have a moment." The girl argues.

Her parents give her a look. "Okay maybe we had a small moment." Kai emphasises by showing her thumb and index finger with a small gap in between.

"We just want our daughter to get with the only boy in this universe that's good for her." Nathan confesses making Kai shrug her shoulders.

"We'll see what happens." Kai says before taking another sip of her milkshake.