4/IV: Lunch "Date" Jitters

~Avella~

Friday, August 16, 2019

Having to wait for this day to get here was anxiety inducing the closer it got. The whole time I wanted to stay in touch with her. I couldn't stop thinking about her. If I was working at my part time job at the store or too deep into college assignments, which was practically every day until today, the least I could do was say hello. I didn't know where she worked yet, so I couldn't visit her. Now that today was finally here, I could barely contain my excitement. I had to request today off from my job because of this, and this weekend because, if it went well, I would be too distracted to even want to go back to work afterwards.

Albeit, having lunch with somebody else wasn't so new to me, but having it with somebody who was love at first sight? That was something that could be life changing.

Earlier that morning, I woke up around 8:30 because I had trouble sleeping the night before, anxiously thinking about the lunch "date," and her.

Indy Serenity.

I didn't want to get out of bed so soon because the lunch "date" wasn't until 2:00, but I didn't have to carpool with her until 12:30. I wanted to continue to sleep, but I was afraid of waking up every 30 minutes and eventually would lose time getting ready for it and making me more anxious than I already was.

I went to the bathroom and took a good, hot shower. Though instead of washing myself, I just stood under the hot running water, thinking about her again. Just couldn't get over how big and beautiful her smile was. I've never seen someone so happy that it would make me stim. Thinking about it made me stim right then under the running water, getting my hair wet in the process.

I realized that I didn't have a hair dryer, and I figured that Redd, my roommate—yeah, we're roommates, forgot to mention that in an earlier chapter...—was still sleeping. I never was a fan of air drying my hair because it would end up being very difficult to brush, then my curls would come out ugly and frizzy as a result, like how they kinda looked when I saw her for the first time. I air dry it anyway because I like my natural hair when I wouldn't straighten it. It'd make me feel better about myself a lot of the time. Indy Serenity seeing that part of me and liking me for it and many other things that she sees about me that I don't see was something that will stick out to me.

Thankfully, I subconsciously brought another towel with me so I could dry my hair. I knew that I had a few hours left before I had to meet Indy at the college, but I wanted to look nice. I let my hair air dry by letting it stay loose. I wrapped myself up before leaving the bathroom, but then saw that Redd was awake as I was heading to my room.

"Ohhh, good morning!" she chirped, surprised to see me awake. "This is the first time that I've seen you get up early on a weekend! What's up?"

I remembered that I wanted to keep today's little event a surprise from Redd until the day got here, and I was very grateful that I managed to keep it on lock. I had already told Jonni, however. So, why keep her waiting?

"I didn't want to tell you too soon, but since it's happening today, I'mma go ahead and just tell ya. So, last Wednesday, me and this girl finally met and talked for a little bit, an-"

Redd quickly stopped me. "Before I even let you continue, did you get her name? Because I swear to god, if you didn't get her fucking name..."

I snorted. "Chill, I got her name. It's a very beautiful name, actually, and it refuses to leave my brain. Indy Serenity is the name."

"Her parents must've loved her to make that her birth name, and I don't mean that sarcastically." Redd was eating a breakfast sandwich as I was about to share the details.