5/V: Lunch "Date," Part One

~Avella~

Friday, August 16, 2019

Many songs later, we had finally reached Greensboro. Since it was a different city for me, I was shocked that Indy knew where she was going because of how chaotic traffic was as soon as we entered. Luckily, she wasn't the reckless type. She made sure that she was in the clear before shifting lanes, so she wouldn't hit anyone else or damage her car and possibly harm us.

"You're gonna love this place!" Indy said. "It may look medieval inside, but the pizza? It's so good!"

I raised an eyebrow, becoming interested but amused because I remembered her telling me that she never tried it. "So, you have been here before?"

"Yeah, I have tried it before. I'm sorry for telling ya otherwise that I didn't. I just wanted you to come along!" She blushed.

"Awww, don't be. I'm willing to try something out with a friend. So, what exactly do they have that you enjoy?"

"I'm happy you asked," she said so ecstatically. "They have a build-your-own pizza option, which is forever my go-to. And what I usually get is a small pizza—or medium, depending on my hunger—, with the traditional marinara sauce, vegan cheese, spinach, and jerk tofu, with extra jerk! Easily my most favorite pizza!"

I quickly turned to her in awe. "You vegan...?"

"Yes! Are you?"

"Yeah! Small world!" The way that I nearly lost my shit knowing this.

Is this fucking destiny?! Am I gonna have a vegan girlfriend if it plays out well?! This is way too good to be true!

We arrived at the pizza place, the Mellow Mushroom, and honestly it did look pretty neat! Though, I had to take a mental note of how well she parallel parked, taking into account that she had a rear view camera to aid. She must've had good mental measurements. Regardless, she deserved mad respect for that because I can't do that, even though I also had a rear view camera on my SUV. Shit's a nightmare to learn and to perfect.

As we got out of the car, I walked around to Indy's side, and it blew me away just seeing her when neither she nor I were sitting down. She was just...precious.

"I have to say that before we go inside, you are a bit taller than I had expected," she said. "I'm not complaining though! Treating someone who's like two inches taller than me to lunch is a great way to start! I like tall people!"

I impulsively cackled. I could tell that this was the start of something beautiful between us.

"Well, need I to say that I kinda did expect you to be shorter. I find that very ideal for me. I'm quite fond of 'shorties.'" We both laughed and hugged each other as we were both just delighted to be hanging out today.

Headed inside, holding the door for her, and Indy was right about the medieval decor inside. Not something that I'd expect a pizza restaurant to have, but it was pretty unique. As we approached the hostess, Indy grabbed my arm. I felt my face warming up because I did not expect her to do that.

"How many? Just two?" The hostess smiled as she noticed our arms interlocking.

Indy nodded with a big grin on her face. The way she would smile practically all the time had me wondering if she naturally just smiled if she were having a great day. She was way too cute when she smiled. We followed the hostess to a little table near the back of the restaurant, where a few other people were seated, since the place was practically packed...given that it was Friday. Luckily, it was one of the last few tables they had available.