Chapter 5

The weeks between sophomore sleepover and Halloween went by in a flash of an eye and eventually, Jade reached 18 weeks of her pregnancy. Jade invited Max, Kenzie, Ellen, and her mother to her ultrasound. Today, Max would be finding out the baby's gender at the end of the appointment and she would be throwing a gender reveal party for the baby.

"Baby's heartbeat sounds really good! I'm going to print these pictures out for you and then I'll get you an envelope that'll let you know the gender." The OB told them, directing the last statement of her statement to Max. Max clapped giddily.

Marcus didn't want to admit it to anyone but he was kind of sad that he couldn't be at the appointment. He liked to see his child growing, it made him feel a ping of joy. He was working today and he had to take overtime in order for his boss to let him have the day off the next day for the gender reveal party.

"So kid, what do you think the kids gonna be?" His boss Garry asked him. Marcus shrugged, "I don't really care what they are, as long as they come out healthy." He told Garry. Garry chuckled and patted his shoulder, "best of luck kid, you're gonna need it." Garry told him before walking away and leaving Marcus to work on fixing a wheel on a skateboard.

Jade was excited for the party the next day, Maxine did an amazing job at decorating. The party was at the Bakers house in their backyard.

"Maxine this is amazing!" Jade told her. "How did you manage to do this in one day?" She asked her. Maxine laughed, "I've been planning this ever since I found out you were pregnant!" She told her. "And my entourage was pretty helpful." She said while pointing to the rest of MANG. Abby and Norah were waving sweetly to her, while Ginny was giving her a judgmental glare and wearing a fake smile. Jade brushed it off and thanked them before going inside the house to get dressed in the outfit Kenzie chose for her, which was a short, rib knit, light pink dress with a light blue jean jacket.

Marcus invited a couple of friends to the party. Right now, they were in his room helping him find some kind of outfit to wear. "Bro, are these all fucking t-shirts?" Dylon asked while searching his closet. "How about this?" Ashlyn asked while holding a pink polo shirt up for him to see. "This with some blue jeans would look good." She said while tossing him the shirt and shooing him to get dressed.

The party was relatively small, only immediate family and a few friends were there. Marcus didn't know that Max invited Mang to the party because if he did, he would've made sure that Ginny didn't come. He couldn't believe the audacity of her to show up after she slut shamed Jade. Jade was completely oblivious to what happened but he knew if he told her what Ginny said, it would most likely end up in a fight so he refrained from telling Jade for now.

The party mainly consisted of gender guessing games for the first hour before Max called for everyone's attention. She pulled Marcus and Jade to the front of the party and gave them a big dark balloon. "Alright! When the balloon is popped, some confetti will fall out. Blue for boy and pink for girl!" Max told everyone. She grabbed two little sewing needles and gave one to both Marcus and Jade.

Everyone started counting down from 5 and as soon as they got to 1, Marcus and Jade hit either side of the balloon, and out came a bunch of pink confetti. Jade and Kenzie simultaneously screamed of joy, "IM GOING TO HAVE A NEICE BITCHES!" Kenzie screamed happily. Marcus smiled, he was excited about having a little daughter and he didn't know why but finding out the gender made him a little more happy about having a child.

Everyone cheered and clapped and Jade pulled Max into a hug.

Marcus was getting a drink from the drink stand Max set up when Ginny snaked her way over to him. "Congratulations on your bouncing baby girl daddy." She told him sarcastically. He quickly faced her, "Get the fuck out of here. You aren't going to talk shit about Jade, have the nerve to come to a party celebrating her and our baby, and then come and talk shit about our unborn daughter. Leave Virginia, stop trying to make everyone as miserable as you." He told her before pushing past her.

Marcus felt a flood of relief when he noticed Ginny and Hunter's closeness at school because it meant she would finally leave him alone. Hunter was a pretty good guy from what Marcus could tell so he hopped Ginny's attraction to him would stick.

Marcus was wrong about Ginny, because one night as he was getting dressed, he got a text from an unknown number.

Hey, it's Ginny.

What the hell do you want?  How tf did you get my number?

Don't worry about it. Is this sexy?

What the fuck!? No! Stop texting me!

He blocked Ginny's number and went to bed.

A/N- Hello everyone! I apologize for the delayed post, I have about 10 chapters written out for this fix and I have been editing them for a while. The story does move pretty quickly through out Jade's pregnancy and the reasoning for that is I don't want the chapters to be too long. Thank you all for your patience!