Chapter 9

Jade couldn't sleep after she found out what happened to Marcus. She wanted to go to the hospital to be there for him so bad but because he was a pediatric patient, only one person could be with him. So she waited for news, anxiously, all night. She finally felt at peace at around 5 am, when Ellen called and told her that he had a concussion, but no brain bleeds or skull fractures.

Marcus was out of it, he was so tired and his head hurt so bad. For the first time in a long time, he cried for his mom, desperately wanting some form of physical contact. He couldn't tell her why he got on the motorcycle because it made him upset and humiliated to think about. He just wanted to forget all about it.

Marcus slept most of the day, his head hurt too much to do anything else. He woke up briefly during the afternoon when Max came to check on him. He couldn't remember the last time his sister was genuinely nice to him so he knew that she felt pretty bad for him, but she would never admit it to him.

His parents bombarded him with questions to test his memory for days before finally leaving him alone.

Marcus was in his room sleeping when he was woken by his twin sister bursting into his room and launching his phone onto his bed. He was too tired to actually yell at her so he just went back to sleep. The next morning was awkward, Marcus was getting stared down by his twin, but he couldn't tell if she was angry at him or concerned. Before he could ask, she left the table to get ready for school. One thing he absolutely loved about having a concussion was getting to stay out of school for a week. Due to the severity of his concussion, it would take about 2 months for him to completely heal so he planned to milk his injury in the best way possible.

Later that night, it was time for Max's play. Jade and Kenzie sat by the Bakers and watched as Max stole the show. During one of the acts, Marcus went to the restroom. Kenzie and Jade decided it'd be a good time to take a short break from the show and went into the hallway after him.

In the hallway, Jade and Kenzie walked into some kind of drama. "Oh Jade! Right on time! I think it's only right that you know about how Virginia has been sexting Marcus." Max told her. Jade didn't really know how to respond, it wasn't like she and Marcus were a couple anymore but it also wasn't like she didn't have some feelings for him still. "Listen Max, I never liked the messages. You would've clearly seen that if you took time to read my text messages, where I told her to leave me alone." He told her. "Even when I BLOCKED her she still found ways to fucking harass me." Marcus told her. "How about instead of only pinning the blame on me, you ask your friend about how she literally threatened to break into my room and get access to me." Marcus told his sister. "Ask your "bestie" about how she feels about a baby that isn't even hers!" Marcus continued. Now Jade was interested. "Yes Ginny, tell us." Max told Ginny. Ginny just shook her head and chocked back tears.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" Everyone heard Hunter say from the door. Kenzie smirked before looking at him. "Your girlfriend is an unloyal piece of shit, that's what's going on." She told him. He was confused so Abby filled him in. "I told you I loved you!" Hunter exclaimed. "Hunter.." Ginny hesitated. "No. Don't talk to me. I never want to see or speak to you again." He told her while angrily storming past her. Jade chuckled, "let this be a lesson to you, don't start shit with people you can't fight back." Jade told her. Ginny looked at her with fire in her eyes. "Stop blubbering like a little bitch and say something!" Kenzie told her. Ginny suddenly stood straight and shoved Jade into the wall forcefully. "What the actual fuck is wrong with you?!" Marcus shouted at Ginny. Kenzie pushed Ginny away while Marcus went to help Jade up. Kenzie grabbed Ginny's arm and spun her around, forcing her to look in Kenzie's direction before she landed a hard smack to her face. "You want to hit pregnant people now? Play fair bitch!" She said while punching Ginny in her face. "Get the fuck out of here Ginny, leave everyone alone." Max told her.

"Are you ok? What hurts?" Marcus asked Jade. "My back is a little sore, but I'll be fine." She told him before using his forearm to steady herself. She took a few minutes to collect herself before she, Kenzie, and Marcus turned to walk into the auditorium. Kenzie suddenly stopped and gasped, "Jade." She said quickly. "What?" Jade asked stressfully. "You're bleeding." Kenzie told her. At that moment, Jade felt her heart drop.