Chapter 15

February 10th, 2021

Jade was in 4th period when her water broke. It definitely freaked her out, she wasn't supposed to give birth until March but her baby wanted to come an entire month early. Her science teacher called the school nurse, who then called Jade's parents. Her mom was there immediately and she took Jade home to get the things she'd need in the hospital. Her mom knew not to rush her to the hospital until Jade started having contractions that were relatively close together. Jade's contractions haven't even started yet so Jade had time to pack a few last minute baby things. Jade also had to call Marcus and his parents to let them know she went into labor.

When Marcus found out Jade was in labor via text, he wasted no time collecting his bag and leaving class. He didn't even listen to his teacher yelling after him. He went to Max's classroom and knocked until someone came to answer. He looked into the classroom and saw Max reading a book so he had to shout her name. She looked up at him, "Jade's in labor." He told her. She quickly grabbed her things and followed her twin to the front office. Marcus called his mom on the way to the front office to let her know. She was there in less than 10 minutes to sign them out.

Kenzie somehow snuck out of school and went directly to Jade's house. She got to her house right after the Baker's did. She went inside to see everyone grabbing things for Jade in the hospital. "Kenz can you go grab my makeup? It's in my bathroom." Jade asked her. Kenzie nodded and went to grab the bag. Once everything was packed into the car, Jade's contractions started.

The hospital room was pretty spacious, which was good because Jade needed somewhere to pace to help with her dilation. Marcus was at Jade's side helping her with the walk the entire time.

When Jade was around 5 centimeters, she remembered that she just had to make a tiktok to the baby mama song with Marcus. As soon as they were done with the tiktok, Jade had to sit down because the contraction she had was so painful she couldn't stand anymore.

Jade waited until she was 6 centimeters dilated to ask for an epidural. The epidural helped greatly with her pain and she barely felt anything else for a long time. It took about 3 hours for her to become fully dilated and in that time, she was able to watch some stupid documentary and eat a lot of ice chips.

When she was dilated, her OB and a few other doctors and nurses came into her room and quickly told her what was going to happen during and after she gave birth. Because the baby was going to be 4 weeks early, she would likely be taken to the nicu just for her lungs. Jade turned to Marcus, "If she goes to the nicu, go with her. She needs a parent to watch over her." Jade told him. "Of course." He told her.

Marcus stood at Jade's side and allowed her to squeeze his hand as hard as she needed to as she went through more contractions.

"Alright Jade I need you to start pushing now." The doctor told her.