Chapter 10

Jade cried during the entire ride to the hospital. Neither of her parents were there to go with her so Ellen did. Ellen was doing her best to keep Jade calm, but Jade was terrified at the idea that her baby could be dying.

Marcus was riding with Max, Kenzie, and his father in a car with Jade. His head was killing him and the situation didn't make it better, but he tried to put the pain aside. He couldn't imagine what Jade was feeling, plus he was terrified for his child. The school play was temporarily put on pause due to the medical emergency, but Max didn't care, she just needed Jade and her niece to be okay.

Jade was taken to have an ultrasound immediately when she arrived. The doctors and nurses wouldn't allow Marcus in the room with her so he paced nervously in the waiting room. Jade's parents came in, demanding to know where there daughter was and what happened to her. "They took her to an ultrasound, my moms with her now. We were at the play and there was a girl named Ginny there and she shoved her into a wall." Marcus told them. "Why would she do that?" Jade's mother asked. "Because Ginny is obsessed with hating her." Marcus told them. "Alright, where does Ginny live? She physically assaulted my daughter so that means she gets to spend the night in a jail cell." Oscar told Marcus. "46, Bradley Street." He told him.

"Good news is, the baby looks fine. The bad news is, you have a placental abruption. The placenta has slightly detached from your uterine wall. It's only a small detachment so recovery shouldn't be very long." The doctor told her. "I'm putting you on a two week bed rest to give you time to recover and to keep your baby inside longer." The doctor continued.

Georgia was startled out of her book reading when she heard a loud knock at the front door. She answered and saw Oscar in his uniform. "Is Ginny Miller here?" He asked. Georgia shook her head, "Why? What kind of trouble is she in?" Georgia asked nervously. "Well ma'am, I hate that I have to inform you that your daughter physically assaulted my pregnant daughter tonight. Apparently she was jealous of her." He told Georgia. "Oh my gosh, I can't believe this. I'm so sorry." Georgia said. "Is your daughter Jade?" Georgia asked. "Yes ma'am that is her." Oscar said to her. "Oh my gosh, I'm mortified. I've met your daughter before, she is so sweet. I can't believe mine had the nerve to do that." Georgia said.

Marcus nearly cried of joy when his mom told him that Jade and the baby were alright. He refused to leave the hospital until he was able to see her, so even though visiting times were over, a nurse took him up to her room to see her. "Hey." He said. "Hi." Jade responded tiredly. "How do you feel? Do you need anything?" He asked her. She shook her head, "I'm only here for tonight, in the morning I get to go back to my bed. I'm on two weeks bed rest." She told him. "I heard, so what I'll do is bring you everything you need for the next two weeks. You need to heal." He told her, leaving no room for retaliation. She nodded, "Ok." She told him. He kissed her forehead before leaving her to rest in her room.

"Why would you not tell me about my best friend trying to fuck you?" Max asked her brother. "No. I'm not doing this shit with you tonight. The mother of my unborn child is in the hospital because of that crazy bitch, she's the last person I want to waist time thinking about." Marcus told his sister. "Fine. Whatever. Just know that I'm going to bring this up again soon." She said before leaving the living room frustratedly. Marcus flopped onto the couch and let out a long breath before shutting his eyes, desperate to escape from reality for a little bit.

Georgia felt shame and guilt after learning about how her daughter treated Jade. When Ginny finally came home, officer McAllister immediately stood up. "Ginny Miller?" He asked. She nodded nervously. "Hands behind your back." He said as he pulled out his handcuffs. "What?" Ginny exclaimed. He cuffed her hands and made her sit on the couch beside her mother. "Georgia what did you do now?" Ginny asked her mom. "I didn't do shit Virginia! It's what you did, to a pregnant young woman." Georgia told her daughter coldly. "You realize that you put my daughter and my granddaughter in danger correct? They're in the hospital right now and I have no idea what's going on because I had to come here to get you." He said. "I'd love nothing more than to arrest you right now but your mother convinced me that you just needed to be scared. So for now, you're not going to jail but trust me when I tell you this, If you so much as look at my daughter sideways, I'll have you in handcuffs before you can look away." Oscar told her. Ginny glared at him as he got the handcuff keys and uncuffed Ginny's hands.

The next day, Jade was back home. Her mom was furious at her father for not arresting Ginny and Jade couldn't blame her. She was a very annoyed herself, but she decided to put it aside for the next two weeks and focus on healing. Kenzie came to Jade's house as soon as she found out she was home, just to keep her company and help her by cleaning her room up a bit. "I'm probably going to have to quit from Blue Farm. There's no way I'm getting two weeks paid leave." Jade told Kenzie. "You're not quitting. Let me handle this, me and Joe will have a nice long talk and come to some kind of understanding." Kenzie told her while putting a dress on a hanger and putting it in the closet.