1 | The Madrigals

"Luciana!" My mother's voice woke me up from my slumber. "Ay ay ay, hija. You have to get up already."

I groaned as I clutched my blanket tighter. I just wanted to stay in bed, like what I did in all of the other days. "Mamá, it's still early." I croaked out.

I can hear heavy footsteps coming closer to my room. "Come on, hermanita." My brother, Mariano, lifted me up and put me down to the floor before I could even protest. "Mariano!" I whined and rubbed my eyes.

"We have to help the Madrigals for Antonio's gifting ceremony, remember?" I groaned and I was about to get back in my bed. "Come on, Luciana." He grabbed me by the shoulders and pushed me towards the bathroom.

"But there will be so many people outside, hermano!" I didn't get a reply, so that means he left my room. I groaned before getting myself ready for the day.

I wore a white square collar dress with puff sleeves that stop in my mid arm. There was a stitching of the outline of certain flowers on the top half part of the dress. Mamá said that they were called moonflowers. The length of it rested a few inches above my feet. I wore beige sandals and white pearl earrings to finish off my look.

After getting dressed, I immediately went to find my mother and brother. They were in the porch upstairs, watching the people below. I also saw Mirabel singing with the kids and townspeople.

"Isabela, grows a flower and the town goes wild." Mirabel said and Isabela spun around as lots of flowers flooded the area. It climbed up into the porch we were in.

Mariano sighed as he stared at Isabela while my mother rested her head on my brother's. I lightly smiled, then smelled the flowers near us.

I nudged his ribs and chuckled at him. "Admiring Señorita Perfecta Isabela again, hermano?" He let out a lighthearted laugh. "Of course, Luciana. I have another poem coming in my mind right now." We smiled at each other before he guided my mother and I downstairs to eat before helping out the others.

I'm happy for my brother that he finally has someone he likes. They're perfect for each other and they'll also be good for Encanto.

Just as I was about to eat, I noticed that my mother has a lot of bacon on her plate than normal. "Mamá, take it easy on the bacon. You should watch your cholesterol. Eating too much of that can lead to high blood pressure, heart disease, and obesity." I took a bite off the arepa con queso on my hand.

"Sabelotodo." Mariano muttered and lightly glared at him. Our mother let out a chuckle as she replied, "Don't worry, Luciana. I know." I could only sigh and mentally facepalm as I know that I couldn't stop her from doing what she wants.

"How do you even know about this stuff, hermanita?" My brother asked. "Maybe because I read, hermano?" He only snickered before muttering "sabelotodo" again.

After breakfast, the three of us went to do our own things. Mamá had things to tend to in our home, so me and my brother were walking towards the home of the Madrigals. Not until he was suddenly grabbed by Mirabel.

"Look, it's Mr. Mariano. Hey, you can marry my sister if you wanna. Between you and me, she's kind of a prima donna. Oh, I've said too much and thank you, but I really gotta go." She sang while my brother was looking at her, all confused on what's happening.

As for me, I laughed at him. I only stopped once Isabela glanced back to the two of us when Mirabel left. I faked a cough and nudged my brother. "Hermano." I whispered at him as he looked down and I discreetly pointed at Isabela.

"Ah, Isabela!" Mariano exclaimed. "Hi, are you two going to help us with the preparations?" Isabela greeted us with a smile as we walked towards her.