6 | Bruno's New Vision

Once we were on our way to Antonio's room, we made sure the coast was always clear before making a move. When we arrived, the birds were getting a bit out of control. “We might wanna hurry.” Mirabel said, gesturing towards the birds. “You can't hurry the future.” Bruno replied as he laid out sand on the floor.

“What if I show you something worse? If I see something you don't like, you're gonna be all ‘Bruno makes bad things happen. Oh, he's creepy and his vision killed my goldfish.’” He rambled on. “We don't think you make bad things happen.” Mirabel tried to encourage Señor Bruno. “Sometimes family weirdos just get a bad rap.”

“Look into my future as well.” I joked before saying, “You can do this, Señor.” I nod in encouragement as Antonio handed him a stuffed animal. “For the nerves.” He said and got on his jaguar before leaving the three of us.

“I can do this.” Bruno kept repeating the statement before he threw sand on his back. He lit up a match and placed it on the dried leaves with a branch. He took the burning branch and lit up four piles of dried leaves on sand.

It started to get a bit windy and dark. “You might wanna hang on.” Señor Bruno said and held out his hands to Mirabel. The sand around them started taking shape of a dome. I held onto my dress as the wind was picking up. And the birds were struggling to stay put.

“It's just the same thing. I gotta stop!” Bruno said. “No, I need to know which way it goes. There's gotta be an answer. Something we're not seeing!” I heard Mirabel reply. They were quite difficult to see because of the sand dome.

“You're looking at the same thing that I am.” Bruno replied. “What exactly are you looking at?” I tried to ask, but they were so fixated at the vision. “If there was something else–” Bruno was suddenly cut off by Mirabel. “There! Over there!”

“Butterfly! Follow the butterfly!” Señor Bruno exclaimed. “Butterfly?” I asked to no one in particular. “Where is that?” Mirabel asked. I still can't see a thing on what they were seeing.

“It's all out of order.” I squinted my eyes, trying to make out what they were seeing. I only saw green stuff in the sand. “It's the candle. The candle's getting brighter!” Bruno sounded ecstatic, so I'm guessing that a good thing will happen soon.

“I think you're gonna help the candle!” Bruno stuttered out. “How?” Mirabel asked. “There's someone with you.” This piqued my interest even more. ‘Who is with Mirabel?’ I thought as I stepped a bit closer to the dome.

“And you fight her!” Bruno exclaimed and I slightly laugh at that. “What?” Mirabel and I asked at the same time. If this was about to happen, then I'm gonna watch it.

“Wait, no, no. Is that a hug?” Bruno continued on. “Am I fighting or hugging?” Mirabel sounded impatient and I was, too. “Can this already end in a few seconds?” I muttered and groaned out.

“An embrace. An embrace!” Señor Bruno said, like he just had a breakthrough with research. “To make the candle bright you have to embrace her.” He said and I tried to make out the figures that could be seen outside the dome. “Embrace who?”

“Almost there.” Bruno said. “Who is it?” I started to pace around because my patience was really running thin. “Almost there.” Bruno exclaimed before saying, “I got it!”

I looked back at the dome as Señor Bruno spoke. “Isabela?” Mirabel yelled. “This is gonna be difficult.” I sighed. “Someone else appeared!” Bruno pointed out. “Is that Luciana?” My eyes widened as I heard Mirabel mention my name.

“What do I have to do with saving the candle?” I asked out loud as I stared at the dome in confusion. “Oh, my gosh. Did she just kiss my sister?” I heard Mirabel say. “Excuse me?!” I exclaimed.