Bigotry

TW: Suicide, Guilt, Self Hate, Internalized Ableism

US:

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline(Hours: Available 24 hours. Languages: English, Spanish.)1-800-273-8255 Global Numbers:http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html

Note: This chapter contains mentions of past suicide, elements of past suicide-baiting, past abuse, self-blaming, self-hatred, internalized ableism, as well as a mental & verbal breakdown/meltdown so please, if this will make any reader uncomfortable, be careful. I don't condone nor romanticize suicide, nor the thought process of Izuku in this story... So please, if any of you is feeling sad or empty, try to talk to a friend, family member or someone you trust and remember, your feelings matter and you deserve to be listened to.

After morning classes were over, Izuku went to lunch by himself. He was beyond pissed that his best friend/crush was acting like this. When he gets to the bottom of why everyone is avoiding him, he's gonna leave that class in shambles and that idea of his, down the drain even if he finds his notebook.

Today is her birthday and she was still acting like this. Birthdays really don't mean anything in this world. Life just goes on the same like every other damn day. Izuku was sitting alone at his usual table because Shoto went to the library. The dual powered boy apologized that he couldn't sit with Izuku at lunch today. The greenette ate his katsudon while grumbling how useless he was.

"Hey Midoriya." Izuku looked up and turned his head to see Itsuka in front of him with Tetsutetsu, Setsuna and Yui Kodai with their lunch trays in their hands.

"Hey guys. What's up?" Izuku was happy to see Itsuka and a little surprised to see the other three. But he appreciated the company.

"I bought Set, Tetsutetsu and Yui with me. I hope you don't mind." Itsuka said.

"Not at all. I appreciate the company." Izuku smiled at his crush.

"You're not usually alone. Don't you sit with your friends?" Tetsutetsu asked as the four of them sat at Izuku's table. Itsuka sat in front of him while Setsuna sat next to him.

Izuku grimaced. "Uraraka, Asui and Iida stopped sitting with me and Shoto is in the library doing homework. I don't think I'm their friend anymore, especially since Christmas and Uraraka is no longer my best friend. Shoto is the only one who cares for some reason."

"Don't be like that, Greenie." Setsuna gave Izuku a comforting pat on the shoulder. "But hey, if you need a new best friend, I'll take her place. Us green beans gotta stick together."

"I'm okay with that. But as long as Asui is not one of those green beans, count me in."

"That's the spirit. As of today, you can call me Set, bestie." Setsuna said with a toothy grin.

Izuku chuckled. "Instant best friend promotion?"

"Yep." They gave each other a fist bump.

"Hey, what about me?" Itsuka pouted.

"You got Tetsutetsu as your best friend." Setsuna said.

"So what happened with Asui?" Tetsutetsu asked but Izuku didn't hear him.

'So they're not dating.' Izuku thought, looking down at his tray. Why did he feel happy about that though? Why would it matter? Why would she want to be around someone like him when Uraraka herself never looked at him the same way he looked at her and she was his hero? Was it a one-sided thing for him these days? Uraraka now looked at him like those kids from Aldera like he was someone that meant nothing to her. Would Itsuka do the same thing to him? Was he cursed with never finding happiness? Maybe Kacchan and everyone else were right about him all this time. He was nothing but a stupid Deku. He was just a punching bag for everyone to beat down on. Maybe.. just maybe he should..