How It All Started

SPOILER WARNINGS

2 Days after the Joint Training

"There is something I want to tell and show the two of you," Izuku said as he pulled out a notebook and put it on the table. "I started working on this after the joint training because I want to help a few of my classmates get better with their quirks."

"There's a lot of information in here, Young Midoriya." All Might said as he went through the notebook. He was surprised at the notes Izuku wrote of how to help his classmates with their weaknesses. "If this gets into the wrong hands, the results will be perilous."

"I'm well aware of that, All Might. But I'm pretty sure my classmates would have trouble reading my coding," Izuku admitted. "Once I'm done helping them with their quirks, I'll give it to Principal Nezu for safekeeping."

"Very well." All Might trusted his successor.

"Why are you showing us this?" Kacchan asked.

"Because I trust you two and I have written down ways to help you with your Explosions in the cold, Kacchan."

"Let me see it." Kacchan said. Izuku opened the notebook to his rival's page of improvements.

"You actually almost didn't have a spot in this notebook but since I noticed that in the Joint Training, you were holding back. I'm guessing since it's cold now, you don't secrete as much sweat as you usually do." Izuku admitted while Kacchan took pictures of his notes.

Izuku showed the two blonds what he has planned for Uraraka. "These are gloves that I drew for Och- Uraraka when I saw how she blocked that piece of metal with her gauntlet. I want these gloves to be durable enough not to injure or break her hands. I want to give these to her as both a birthday and thank you present for saving me when Blackwhip went out of control."

"Did you almost call Round Face by her first name?" Kacchan asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Um... no, that's not it." Izuku waved it off while Kacchan and All Might were looking at him with smirks. He was cursing his big mouth. He turned a few pages to show a page on Ojiro's counter to his weaknesses. "Anyways this is the tail armor I drew for Ojiro. After seeing what Tsunotori and Kaibara's quirks did to his tail, it reminded me of the Hassaikai raid when I was fighting Chisaki and my iron soles stopped his spikes from almost going.. through.. me."

Izuku's voice faltered at the last three words. His hair covered his eyes as he looked down. All Might noticed the change in his successor's demeanor.

"My boy, when was the last time you saw Hound Dog?" All Might asked in a concerned tone.

Izuku sniffled as he brought his head back up. "Two weeks since you know."

Katsuki wanted to ask what was wrong but he knew that this was something between mentor and mentee.

"I'm okay, All Might. Don't worry about me." Izuku said as he listed off things to help Kaminari and Todoroki. "I'm not done with drawing the gloves or the portable sharpshooting thing for Kaminari but I hope to get the gloves done before Uraraka's birthday."

"Who else knows about this notebook?" All Might asked.

"Right now, it's the two of you, Todoroki, Hatsume and Power Loader. Todoroki knows because I showed him the page on how to improve his quirk. Hatsume and Power Loader know about the notebook so Hatsume can create the support items." Izuku said. "You have no idea what it took for me to get Hatsume to not spoil anything. I mean she's no Ashido but still."