The Truth

After two semesters of dealing with college overload, I finally found time to get back into my writing. Now I have two last finals and I will be free to do my writing before the beginning of March for the next semester.

Warning: Mention of past suicidal thoughts

Nezu had a stern look on his face as he looked at Aizawa. "Let me be quite clear. The only reason you are not being fired as of this moment is because you realized you have been tricked and lied to by those corrupt law enforcement officers, calling us the moment you realized that Mr. Midoriya was being illegally interrogated."

Shota looked shocked. He knew he didn't deserve his job after what he had done. "I have no right to teach the next generation of heroes, let alone the students I forced into this mess."

"No, you don't." Nedzu responded then sighed. "But I am just as equally to blame as you. If I simply showed you what Mr. Midoriya had in that notebook instead of testing your resolve, we wouldn't have been stuck in this mess."

Shota looked stunned but didn't respond back.
-------------------------------

Itsuka, All Might and Detective Tsukauchi brought Izuku to the infirmary. Recovery Girl's gaze hardened as she took in the bruises and had All Might and the detective redress the teen in a spare gym uniform. After that, she used her quirk on Izuku and he drifted out of consciousness.

Even though Itsuka was impatient and wanted to badger All Might about what her boyfriend said about the truth of his quirk, she put Izuku's health first. She turned to Detective Tsukauchi. "What Aizawa said after that interrogation. Was it true? He didn't know those jerks in the precinct would put their hands on Izu?"

Detective Tsukauchi sighed. "I am just as surprised but it was all true." His phone then vibrated and he took it out. He sighed in frustration. "Great. Just great."

"What's wrong?" All Might asked.

"Sansa is bringing Nezu and Aizawa back to UA. Nezu wants me to be there when Aizawa tells Class A that Izuku is not the traitor."
------------------------------

"You tried to expel young Izuku on the first day for not meeting your standards and you still had the audacity to pull this." The emaciated All Might said, the anger present in his voice as he looked at the erasure hero with a look of contempt while Naomasa was inside questioning the green haired boy inside the interrogation room. "You have no right to call yourself a hero or a teacher."
~

All Might's words echoed in Shota's head while he walked down the hallway of the main campus building. How could he have been blinded by fear of his own student? Midoriya was more heroic than he ever was. From the USJ to Kamino to the Shie Hissaikai raid.Shota leaned against the wall, wrapping his arms around his torso. He closed his eyes to stave off the tears he felt forming. His student, his Problem Child, hated him.

Shota knew he fucked up so badly and he had no idea how he could come back from this. If he could. If he deserved to. He was supposed to protect these kids but he let himself get so wrapped up in the fear of a traitor and in that moment when he saw that notebook, his assumption was the common denominator in every single villain attack.

He thought about the USJ. His kids watched him with fear before he headed into the plaza. His students teleported away to different zones. Shigiraki inches from disintegrating Asui's face. Thirteen torn open by her own quirk.

He thought about Tensei in his hospital bed. Paralyzed from the waist down by the Hero Killer.

He thought about the training camp. Mandalay's sudden warning. Hearing the screams in the forest. Seeing a physically broken Midoriya with a scared Kota on his back. Tracking down the unconscious students in the aftermath. Finding out Bakugo and Ragdoll were gone.