Things born in space have a odd habit of hating Earth

Buddy Pal Friendly flipped open the time machine deguised as a pocket watch, looking at the picture of his mom and dad. There was a heavy weight like the Earth on his shoulders to own the time machine and to remember his parents. It reminded Buddy of what his dad told him about their history and the incredible price of time travel.

You see, Mr. Friendly didn't take to Scrooge McDuck as a role model like Lady Friendly as he did their creator Gyro Gearloose. In so, he spent alot of his pre starting family life learning as much as he could. In the timeline Mr. Friendly was born into, the population of Earth decided to go nuclear instead of be taken by the Moon so a lot of the interesting facts about much of everything was in the past. Meaning the cost of time travel was his first lesson and a repeating lesson though his life.

So post starting family, the Adam was sure to nail in the risks of time travel to his only surviving son. That plus, mostly unintentionally, his admire to the investor that created the prototype that became their entire people. Before finally gifting his son the pocket watch upon said son reaching adulthood. Because Buddy Pal Friendly is a good boy, he did as his father requested. He never used the time machine, not even to go back and visit his parents after their death.

Well not never... Buddy used it once by mistake to travel to the alternate future where Earth wins against it's own Moon without losing. You know, because ending life as we know in on our planet seems like the losing opinion even if it ended the war and got rid the aliens.

Pal Friendly sighed softly as he looked into the photo, it was Father's day. The butterscotch yellow dog spoke to the canary yellow dog in the photography, "Hey Daddy, I met Doctor Gyro Gearloose... I'm sure you have would love to meet him." The photograph was silent like the grave. The cartoony canine joked, "I also met Scrooge McDuck, Mommy was right about him strangest thin'!" Silence like a graveyard rang out in reply. The friendly friend sniffled as he wiped away tear with a dress shirt sleeve. He cracked in his voice in his pain, "Happy Father's day, I hope the forever sleep you and mom took is peaceful and sweet."

The watch slapped closed as he pocketed it.

Looking at it any longer would be too tempting to go back.

He couldn't, his dad told him not to.

Gyro Gearloose walked into his alternative great great grandchild crying due his updated time machine design that he'll never built in this timeline. Immediately Gyro showed exactly what someone who will never exist saw in his heart through the fading of time, care and intelligence. The first trait being rare for our actual Gyro in compare to the one history saw in a future that won't be.

Gearloose patted his friend's shoulders comfortingly. Pal Friend picked up his face from the tear puddle on the table. While the geasure was small, cold, and a little distanced, it was still the man who saved humanity after it's end which the father and son in him. His best, one could say. The scientific chicken continued to lightly pat. The artificial organism requested sadly, "Can you pet me, Doctor Gearloose?" The science chicken blinked in surprise a few times, deciding to go ahead with it and petting the mammalain.

I know this story is about Buddy but let me tell you about his dad. Because holiday.

I am not sure what his full name is but his birth last name wasn't Friendly, that was his wife's last name which he took in marriage.

In the family he made, he was the motherly father compared to Lady Friendly (Lady being a title not her first name) who was a mama bear type.

He choose to life in the shelter in case of apocalypse that Ludwig Van Drake built for the first few years of their marriage in his timeline. To him, it held such personal importance that he wanted it to be his children's first home.

As I've said before the boulder hat Buddy wears all the time belonged to his father originally. It was a gift from the deathbed.

Mr. Friendly and Lady Friendly didn't make Buddy Pal Friendly the biological way. They used Mad, Weird, Science, you probably guess who's idea that was. Good thing Lady Friendly didn't want pregnancy or she might have disagreed to that suggestion.

If I had to describe a personality, I think it might been whimsical but changed by time travel. You know, if a time travel story doesn't in some way contain a paradox in some way it isn't a time travel story. The mere act of time travel is paradoxical at the end of day.

The world he was born into was boiling hellsites of radiation oceans and nuclear winter wastelands. Candy is one of the few things that can survive a nuclear apocalyptic future.

He died of old age with the love of his life in his sleep after giving his only child the only physical objects he valued in his life. A hat fill of candy and a pocket watch.

The prototype thought Mr. Friendly was too old timey for someone who's seen the world after it's end and is disappointed in their great grandson.

Mr. Friendly found the prototype to be stuffy grump who should have spent more time actually raising their children instead of laying in their own horror of mere existence and endless pity party.

They didn't like each other.

None of the candy dogs are related by blood. The generation thing is more like how Gyro Gearloose is the father of Lil Bulb and B.O.Y.D.

Mr. Friendly was the first to use the time machine pocket watch. The prototype thought their child's invention useless because all intelligent life is doomed to destory itself in their eyes.

That's it for facts about Buddy's father!

The End