picnics and readings

29th march 1986

The ground was full of lush green grass and a family of four was its only habitant or atleast it is what someone would think. The family was gaurded like a rare diamand and their every move was evaluated by reporters hidding in corners for best pictures or some new printing matter.

"Boy-who-lived and potter family having a picnic" was already a big news on the headlines of daily prophet and harry felt fed up by the worshipping crowd of wizarding world.

But he couldn't deny that he enjoyed these moments. These moments when he was treated like a common child and cared for. Even if it was all a lie.

Any six year old shouldn't know what abuse means. But he did. He knew that what he goes through every day and every second of life is negligence and abuse.

Most of the time he was ignored for his brother and when he was acknowledged it was for abuse. To say he didn't liked his family would be an understatement. He could see the rage and hate in the eyes of those who should have cradled him.

He knew he wasn't to be blamed, he was flawed, he belived it or atleast he believed that he believed. His parents praised his brother for the smallest of feats and berated harry for everything he did.

Slaps and back handing was a common thing in potter household for harry potter.

"Harry ?" He quickly looked up from his book and at the red head he called mother, "baby why don't you go and play with with your brother and daddy ?"

The smile on her face was so bright that it could cheer anyone, it could dissolve all the insecurities and lure you to puke all your secrets to her.

Only if the victims saw her eyes, they were full if hatred brimming with cunningness and desire of fame.

"Yes mother" he closed the book that he was 'looking at' and ran toward his father and brother who were standing near two child brooms.

Unlike their parents, his brother hissed as he saw harry, hazel eyes burning with suspicion and hate. "What are you doing here ?!"

"Dont be mean charlie, you didn't thought that I will teach you alone, now did you ?" The smile on lord potter's was mischevious but his hazel eyes were dancing with mirth and and glowering at the mere thought of spending time with harry.

Harry could relate to that.

Charles however pouted and stomped his feet on the ground hurting that beautiful earth who was carrying his useless weight.

"Now climb on your brooms." James potter emphasised by mounting on the broom himself. "Take off !"

Harry did as he had read, he kicked the ground and soared up in air zooming around and enjoying the sweet caress of wind on his face and ruffling of his combed hair. He didn't care. Flying always gave the child a moment of serenity where he wasn't hated or glared at. He liked sneaking out and flying on charlie's broom when no one was batting an eye at him.

"Come down harry !" It took everything in him to not to ignore the call and shot down easily climbing off his broom and handing it to his father seeing the fake smile on his fathers flawless face which soon turned into a real one, "You too charlie"

Maybe he could never be the child his parents wanted.

****

3rd april 1986 [potter manor]

"I don't want to padfoot !" Charles whined pouting and making sure that he looked like the cutest baby ever.

Sirius look very convinced and was going to close the books shut when harry placed a hand on the man's large one.

"Can you tell me about her." He pointed randomly at the page. He liked spending time with sirius and remus, their smile wasn't fake like the potter couple but purely genuine. They even bought things for him whenever they visited.

Sirius smiled a million watt smile which highlighted his sharp features making him look younger then already was and pointed at the book getting harry's attention on the book, " she is one of the last descendant known of ravenclaw and second line descendant of hufflepuff, reina ramona syke..."

"Padfoot ! You can teach him later, you promised me a game of quidditch." Charles jumped at the dog animagus and starting pulling on the adults robes making the man smile and chuckle. Harry recognised the lost case when he saw one and he knew he had lost this bonding time to charles. Biting his lips to stop the tears, he picked the book up and prepared to return to his room.

"Ey pup ! Here, let them play, I will teach you." Remus' voice made him stop and he turned to look at man who supported a tired smile on his rugged yet handsome face.

"But you are tired remus. You should rest." He told the man impatiently, the man looked very pale already and harry didn't what to trouble him.

The man in question smiled innocently pating the place next to him. "Okay then, I will sit silently and you can read it to me. Sirius is leaving me alone. You wouldn't right ?"

"Aww moony you hurt me." Sirius poked the other's arm before ruffling harry's hair. "If he tried to get up, call me and I bind him back to bed." With that sirius finally turned all his attention to charles who pulled his godfather out.

Harry climbed on the high bed where remus lupin was laying on and plopped open the book. "Heirs and lords."

"Remus why aren't you an lord ?" He asked the werewolf who had his eyes closed. The man opened his eyes and they were bright amber that matched with his golden brown hair.

"Because i don't want to be a lord, cub, werewolves are seen as dark creatures and having a werewolf anywhere near the winzegamot would disrupt the believe of people." The man explained smiling softly

"But there many people who would have vampire blood on winzegamot. I am sure they maul people more then werewolves who only come out once a month and that too in night " Harry asked not truely knowing but trying to make a point. Remus chuckled at the attempt, "there aren't actually known to the world because they keep it hidden. Creature inheritance and being the creature is different cub."

Harry hummed, he had to read about it ... Only if the potter family hadn't classified the creature inheritance as a dark thing.

Remus ruffled the child's already messy hair and smiled, "now where were we ?"

Favourite colour ?