Chapter 5: The Light always shines

The next morning, Dream Awoke with a long yawn. He stretched out and looked around. Seeing his cape on the floor, he picked it up and put it on. Yawning again, he walked sluggishly to the kitchen, Glad to see that someone had already made coffee. Blue was eating cereal and Ink was nowhere to be seen. Dream slowly sipped the hot, bitter, coffee. Enjoying the taste, he accidentally expelled more positivity than normal. Blue looked at him with a smile. "Someone's happy," Blue observed, putting his dish in the sink.

"Well, My morning coffee always makes me happy, so there." Dream playfully stuck his tongue out at Blue. Blue giggled and leaned against the counter, Much shorter than Dream, his shoulders just barely passed the lip of the counter. Dream smirked "Shorty," He said with a giggle.

"I'm not short! You're just a giant!" Blue retaliated, crossing his arms over his bony chest. "Hmph!" Blue said and glared at Dream, but it didn't look that genuine.

"Ok, I'm sorryy," Dream said with a little sarcasm. He patted Blue's skull and put his coffee in the sink. "Where's Ink?" He asked as he walked to the living room.

"Out Fighting error again. I swear those two act like best friends more than arch enemies." Blue said.

"Of course," Dream replied. He sat down on the couch and turned on the Underswap news, which still ran daily, even though the AU was destroyed.

BREAKING NEWS:

ONE OF THE BAD SANSES HAS BEEN SPOTTED CAUSING MAYHEM IN UNDERNOVELA, TAKE COVER IN ANY SHELTER YOU CAN FIND. CALL THE STAR SANSES SOMEONE!!

Dream stared at the news broadcast, his eyes wide and alert. "BLUE!" He called. Already getting on his crown. "Cmon, hurry!" He was out the door before Blue could catch up with what he was saying. Blue stuffed a bagel into his mouth and ran after Dream.

"Dream! What's happening!?" Blue yelled, trying to keep up.

"Undernovela is under attack!" Dream replied. "Can you make a portal?" Dream asked as he skidded to a stop. Blue shook his head.

"Without Ink, I can't make an AU portal, and he has his brush with him," Blue replied, the bagel disappearing into the skeleton's mouth. Dream groaned.

"Well, we gotta call him or something," Dream said, putting his hands on his hips. Blue nodded and tried to contact ink by throwing a soda can on the ground. The skeletons waited for Ink to appear. Dream tapped his foot impatiently. Blue straightened out his scarf and stared at the ground where the soda splotch lay. Finally, The splotch started to bubble and takes the shape of a sweater-clad skeleton. Ink appeared from the splotch with his arms crossed over his chest, his vials empty.

"What." Ink said, not exactly asking.

"Ink! Undernovela is under attack, we gotta g-" Dream stopped talking as ink put his hand up.

"I took care of it. Cross and Joker won't be attacking another AU for a while." Ink replied.

"Oh-" Dream said, putting his hands down at his sides "I didn't know-"

"If Blue had remembered that I leave extra ink for portals behind, you both wouldn't have needed to call me in the middle of a battle." Ink said, narrowing his eye lights at Blue who hung his in embarrassment.

"S-Sorry, I forgot again," Blue said, looking at Dream apologetically. Dream gave him a sympathetic look in return. Afterwards, All three skeletons headed home, Blue made tacos and cupcakes for each of them, While Ink told Dream the status of the Bad Sanses and Ink's brother, Cross. Dream listened tentatively as Ink went on. "...I think they're planning something. Something big." Ink explained. Dream nodded, knowing his brother, Nightmare would probably go for a direct attack, as he had in Dreamtale.

"Have you told Blue?" Dream asked, looking over at Ink.

"Yes, Blue knows, We don't exactly keep secrets from each other here." Ink said, Dream internally cringed. He was keeping a secret. His brother is Nightmare, that's a big secret to keep. Ink got up, giving Dream a small squeeze on the shoulder before going into the kitchen with Blue. Dream put his head in his hands and stared at the intricate carpet design on the floor through his fingers. He sighed and went into his room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later, Nightmare was sitting on his couch throwing a knife in the air, Joker and Cross had returned unsuccessful, that damned Star Sans, Ink, had stopped them before they could entirely obliterate the AU. Nightmare wasn't very happy about that, both were punished greatly. (For Cross, He doesn't even get his chocolate milk. For Joker, he's trapped in his room without powers.) Night grumbled as he threw the knife in the air again. He caught it and got up, going to the kitchen to eat something. He grabbed peanut butter from the cabinet and closed the door, jumping as Killer seemingly materialized behind him. "JESUS-," Nightmare yelped, nearly dropping his peanut butter, "Killer! Don't just materialize like that!" Nightmare said, grabbing a spoon and shoving the peanut butter into his mouth.

"Sorry, boss," Killer said, grabbing another spoon so he can take some of the peanut butter. "Didn't mean to sneak up on ya like that." He smiled. Nightmare stared at the spoon Killer had in his hand, full of peanut butter. He grumbled and stuffed some more of the creamy spread into his mouth. Killer smiled and took some more out of the jar. Nightmare finally gave up and just gave Killer the jar.

"You could've just asked, Killer" Nightmare said, going over to the sink and leaning over it. Killer just shrugged and ate more of the peanut butter.

"Horror and Dust are still out~!" Killer suddenly said. Making Nightmare jump again.

"DON'T DO THAT!" Nightmare shrieked, his tentacles snapping straight behind him. Killer winced.

"Sorry boss," He said apologetically, "I thought you would've wanted to know." Killer went back to eating the peanut butter and Nightmare left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that same day, Dream, Blue, Ink, and Outer had gotten Nicecream, Dream got french vanilla, Blue Got Chocolate, Ink Got cookies n' cream, And Outer got a soft-serve swirl. Dream ate his Nicecream in silence. Outer sat next to him, his nicecream had already disappeared. "You OK, Dre?" Outer asked.

"Not really," Dream replied, sighing.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just... worried about my brother. I don't know where he is.." Dream said softly Outer gave him a sympathetic look.

"Well, you have Ink and Blue. They'll help you find him"

Dream shook his head "It's not that easy" He sighed. Outer shrugged.

"That's what I thought too before Ink and Blue found papy," He said, putting a hand on the skeleton's shoulder "Don't worry." He said and left Dream to himself. Dream sighed and threw away his Nice Cream, walking back with the others and turning his back to his worries. For now.