Home! ~ Part 4

Milk soon made it home by sundown, he walked to his bathroom to change out of his normal clothes. He threw on black sweats and a white shirt. The knight set the staff and shield by his bed before walking down the stairs.

He peered through one of the windows in his kitchen, admiring the stars above. They were so lovely! Milk smiled, blinking down from the stairs and looking around the kingdom; Cookies were walking home, some were still out.. Maybe they didn't want to go to bed. He frowned at the thought and pushed himself off the counter.

Milk ruffled his hair before walking over to the fridge, he opened it. There wasn't much, as he needed to go shopping.. But he could make a small salad with what he got; He did so.

He carried the plate over to a seat, he set it down before beginning to eat. Milk was just eating in silence; He was in his thoughts at the moment. Milk flinched, looking over to the front door; Two knocks were placed onto it.

The knight slowly stood, leaving the half-eaten salad where it was. he made his way to the door, opening it.

He saw no one.

"That's strange! I could've sworn I heard knocking!" Milk said to himself, taking a step outside to peer around. Whoever just ding dong ditched him, it was very rude.

He quickly stepped back in, closing and locking the door. Milk stepped back another step before hurrying back to the salad; He wanted to make sure that he didn't waste food, as he still needed to get more.

Finishing the salad, he'd grab the dirty dish and began to clean it in the sink. Milk wouldn't have time to do it in the morning, so he'd do it in the nighttime. The knight yawned, setting the fork and the bowl back where they belonged.

Milk glanced to the clock, it read 8:30 pm. He should head to his room. Milk quickly walked from the kitchen and up the stairs; It was a bit tiring going up but once he made it, he glanced down the stairs.

The knight turned towards his room, opening the door to reveal his white covered room. Milk looked around before walking to his bed. He'd ruffle his hair before sitting down and grabbing a book from the dresser.

Milk flipped into the book and started to read; He probably read until his neck hurt or he got tired. The book was interesting; It was talking about so many real things, like plants and animals! He thinks it's a kid's book.. It probably is, but that's okay! As long as Milk likes the book, he doesn't mind that it's for kids.

He yawned, carefully shutting the book and sliding it back onto the dresser. Milk took a few good glances of his room before snuggling underneath the covers. The knight turned over to shut the lamp off, which was creating a dim light.

Milk shifted back, soon falling asleep underneath the warmth of the covers. It was cozy, he was warm, and it was safe.

He wasn't so sure about the 'safe' part.

________________________________________]

All for Part 4! What happens next? Stay tuned!

542 Words