Chapter 2

We were finally at the mission. Many of our comrades died. So he didn't wanted to let the others die too. He looked really sad but didn't showed it that much. He probably felt responsible for their deaths which wasn't actually his fault.

We came up with another plan. While me and Guren go after the vampires, the kids are going to save our comrades. We needed to draw the enemy's attention and last as long as we can. It would be like the old days. Me and Guren fighting together.

The plan was going all well. Until Crowley threw Guren at me while I was just going to shoot him. We crashed against the wall that even fell apart. Suddenly i saw Guren on me and I was shocked. It felt too weird to be real. After finding a place to rest and sit he smiled at me. We both had flashbacks from the past but it didn't last long when the vampires found us.

We both were fighting toe to toe with them. While Guren dealed with Crowley in close combat i was trying to shoot Crowley from the distance. It didn't worked. While I was shooting one of Crowley's attacks hit me hard on my right chest. Luckily through the fight a big smoke of dirt build up which gave us the chance to escape with Guren.

"Is the wound deep, Shinya?" he asked while we were walking.

"I'm fine but this isn't good." I lied. The wound hurt pretty bad but of course I wouldn't tell him.

"Walk on your own if you're fine!" he replied while looking at me. It was kinda nice seeing Guren carry me under his arm while we were escaping.

"No let me stay as is. I'll hold them off behind us." And i did for a little bit. Abruptly Guren let me go when Crowley suddenly came out of the nowhere from the wall.

It happened too fast. When I looked, Guren was on the floor and had Crowley's sword in his uper left chest.

"Guren" i screamed.

"Damn it!" How did that happened that fast? How wasn't I able to protect him?

"I'm done for! You take command and continue the mission!" he said to me while the sword was still in him.

"Go. Go now Shinya!" he said with his cracking voice and looking at me. He couldn't even breath because of Crowley holding him up from his throat.

"You should listen to him, before I change my mind." Crowley said with a smile. The way I hate those vampires..

The kids came out of the sudden. Yuu was strong but naiv. All of them still weren't strong enough to beat them. The situation was getting bad.

"We need to retreat!" I ordered while Shinoa helped me to stand up.

"Wait! Don't retreat! Guren...!" Yuu said in an anger.

"Why are you here? Follow your orders! Retrear immediately..." Guren replied. As that Crowley threw him to the wall pretty badly. Guren was out of breath and energy.

"I'm going in! Cover me!" said Yuu looking at his comrades.

"No." I said with an anger.

"Huh?"

"We're leaving Guren." I never imagined that those words would come out of my mouth.

"Wha... Shut up! Let me go, idiot!" Yuu said and started to run towards to Guren.

"Everyone stop him! This is an order!"

They were able to stop him and I finnaly was able to stand up properly without Shinoa's help. I walked towards Guren and looked at him from the distance. He was still on the floor where Crowley threw him. Even though he was in pain, he managed to look at me. His pretty purple eyes startet to glancing. Like he was going to cry. His last words was "Let me go." which he didn't said out loud. I looked again at him. His decision was final and I couldn't look at his eyes anymore.

"I can't leave Guren behind... how can I..." said Yuu while trying to escape from his teammates.

"Everyone retreat! I'm taking command!" I said while holding Yuu securely so that he wouldn't be able to escape again.

We were finally in a safe place and I threw Yuu on the floor. That bastard.

"We need to go back! We need to save Guren!" he insisted.

"Shut up! We are not abondoning him! But we can't- We can't save him now!"

"But what if they kill him? Or torture? Are you going to let that happen? He is my family-"

"I SAID SHUT UP!"

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE HIS FRIEND. AND NOW YOU ARE JUST LETTING HIM DIE THERE? ALL ALONE." he said in a crying voice.

I tooked him at his uniform and crashed him hard to the wall. With an anger I looked directly in his green big confused eyes.

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT... TALKING ABOUT MY RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM. DO YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD LEAVE MY BEST FRIEND TO DEATH? PATHETIC... Know your position. And don't cross your limits. I won't save you if it comes to that. And now shut the fuck up and obey my orders."

I slowly put him down. He looked suprised. He silently cleared his throat.

"Idiot" was what he said as he ran back to the place where we left Guren behind.

"You fucking bastard. You're gonna get killed" I was going to ran after him but then I stopped and looked back to the others.

"You all go to the airport I will get him."

And then I ran after him. I needed to save him. I promised Guren to look after him if- if something happens to him. They both get on my nerves.

When I arrived I saw Yuu on the floor. Of course he was on the floor... As Crowley was going to cut off his head with his sword I was going to take action but Guren was faster. He was always one step ahead of me even in his bad condition. He was standing in front of Crowley's sword with his hands tied up in the back.

So he would also sacrifice himself to save that kid.

Once Crowley kicked Guren with his foot to the left I tooked Yuu and ran away. Seeing Guren and leaving him behind... again, it didn't felt right. I was going to save him. But... not now.