Chapter 3

"Let me go!" Yuu screamed in my arms. But I ignored him.

I carried him out of the building to a safe place and then let him down. He looked embarrased. Maybe because I saved him back there.

"You said you wouldn't save me if it came to that." he said in a quite voice.

"I wouldn't have saved you if Guren didn't asked me to look after you. I promised him to protect you if something happens to him. And I'm a person who keeps his promise."

"I don't even know you. Why should I even trust you? You're a Hīragi after all."

"I don't choose that name. They just took me in because I was the last one standing after the tournament against the other kids. I don't care if you trust me or not. But I will keep my promise to him. This is the least thing I can do for him now."

"Would you do the same what he did?"

"Sacrifice myself for you?"

"Hm-" he agreed looking down while we were walking to the airport together.

"If it takes to keep my promise."

He looked at me shocked because of my direct answer to him.

"Won't you hesi-"

"I won't hesitate with my decision." I cut off his sentence.

"Why would you agree to a promise that big if it even cost your life?"

"Because I have nothing to loose except him."

After that there was a silence. Just our walk on the dirty broken ground was to hear.

"You feel more than friendship to him, don't you?" He stopped and looked at me.

"What I feel isn't your slightes concern. Now walk or the plain will leave without us."

"Why are you even answering me so directly?"

"So that you know your place and don't act egoistic again like you did back there."

"I just wanted to save him."

"You can't save him if you die." We both stopped and looked at eachother.

"Did you ever thought what he would feel if you died right in front of his eyes? He would blame himself for the rest of his life. Just because you didn't obeyed his orders. You're not just a soldier or tool for him. He sees you as his son. So act like it. And as I said before I won't leave him back to death. The vampires won't kill him. They need him for something but I don't know for what yet." I continued.