Chapter 6

It was dark and cold. But wasn't I dead? Didn't I died? Was that the afterlife? I tried to remember what happened in the end but all I could remember was blurry faces and memories. Also I couldn't move, speake or even open my eyes. But I was able to feel and hear what was going around me.

I heard someone coming or I imagined it. I paniced and tried to calm down my breathing. It worked a litlle but then suddenly the door opened.

"He is still in coma." a familiar male voice said.

"Do you really think he will even wake up?" another one said. He sounded like a kid as I heard him.

There was a silence. I knew they were talking about me but who are they?

"Were you able to find more cristals?" the male one asked.

"No. Mika is searching the areas that are far away from our reach, he should come back soon."

"Hmm. Thank him for his help."

I heard one of them leaving. But the other one stayed. I heard him come next to me and sit on a chair that was old which I could tell from the sound it made when he sat. He tooked my hand and layed his head on it. I couldn't react to anything but his hands were so warm and comforting. Still I didn't knew who he was and what was going on.

"I will never give up on you, Shinya." he said in a quite voice. And then he left the room without saying anything more.

A few days passed and he nearly came every hour as I can remember it. But he didn't talked. He was quite all the time. I felt that he was blaming himself for something really deep. Everytime he came in the room, I felt the sadnees in him.

The brightness of the sun woke me up the other day and this time I was finally able to open my eyes and even move.

I looked around and there was just a bed, the old chair, a sove and a window in the little room. Even thought that the sove was burning it was cold inside. I slowly started to move my body parts and stood up. It felt weird. How long was I in a coma?

I was able to walk and it felt weird too. Everything I done felt weird but I wasn't even struggling doing it. That wasn't normal for a person who just woke up from a coma. Something was wrong with me.

I opened the door and walked along the hallway. No one was to be seen. There was a mirror in the end of the hallway and when I looked at myself I saw a purple cristal in me. It had all my chest covered and in there, something was moving. I tried to get it off but it wasn't even moving. Maybe I didn't had that much strenght yet.

While I was looking at myself again I heard someone coming. Those were the same footsteps who came to my room every time. I didn't know what to do. If I ran away he would hear me. Besides that, there was no place to hide, I was in an empty hallway. I just stood there. I looked to the left where the voices came and there he was.

When he saw me, he started to tear up and gave me a soft smile. He walked to me slowly and hugged me. But I was still just standing there.

"Wellcome back Shinya." he said to my ear.

"Who are you!" I replied finally.

Suddenly the tension in the room changed. He let me go and took a step back.

"What's your name?" he asked me in a decisive voice.

"Shinya? You just said it." I replied suprisingly.

"And your last name?"

"I don't know. Who are you? You still didn't answered me."

"Do you remember what you saw for the last time?" he asked me a question again totally ignoring me.

"Hey, why are you the one asking me questions? I remember nothing as you can see. What is that cristal in my chest? Who are you? Where am I? And how long was I in coma?" I replied him with an angry voice but he didn't reacted. Except that he looked more sad than happy now.

"Let's go to the room. I will answer your quetions there."

We walked together back to the room. He sat on the chair and I layed down on the bet. After that, I realized how tired I just got, because of a little walk.

"What do you want to know first?" he asked me patiently.

"Who are you?"

"Guren Ichinose"

"What were you for me?"

He looked down and there was a silence. Didn't he understood what I asked or didn't he know the answer?

"I was your best friend." he said looking up to me.

Something felt off with that answer. He was hiding something. But what could he even be hiding.

"What's that cristal?"

"It keeps you alive."

"Didn't I died?"

"You did."

"Huh? Then how am I alive right now?"

"The cristal keeps you alive." he responded again.

"How did I died?"

"I stabbed you with my sword."

"What?"

"I- I stabbed you with my sword."

"Why did you do that?"

He looked down again as he also didn't knew the answer for that. Maybe that was the reason he was blaming himself for.

"I- I don't know Shinya. I can't fully remember the things I did when I become a demon. It's all blurry memories that I have. I'm sorry." he said. Tears were falling down his cheek.

"How long was I in coma?" I continued with the questions.

"Two years."

"Where are we?"

"Places doesn't have a name anymore. It's all destroyed, nothing is recognizeable. But we are in a house next to the sea right now."

"Who saved me?"

"I did."

"So you are saying, that you killed me and then saved me?"

"Yeah-."

"Tell me a reason why I should believe you."

"You said you loved me... back there-." he said in a sad voice.

I wasn't sure what I should say. I loved him? And now I don't even know him. I got tired of thinking and he was tired of answering. He was even strugling to answer. He looked like I was opening up his deep wounds.

"You should rest." he said as he walked back to the door and left.