Chapter 1 - Taylor

I have never been a big fan of being put in new foster homes but i mean some are better than others for example one u may get the old hit or multiple for 0 reason and others u might get a new phone.

Lowkey sometimes wish i could just run away from foster homes and just crash on one my friends floors but thats not possible when ur being moved into a different foster system . Who knew not many people want to foster teenage girls in New Jersey. So here i am today on a 5 hour flight to california at 3am.

Long story short my social worker has found 'really good' people there . There young and will 'really take care of me' so i have to be so called 'good for them' .

My social worker Anna shes short with blonde hair around her 40s had wanted me transferred to a different state to see if there was anyone who wanted a teengirl. I was in every states system so thats why im going all the way from New Jersey to LA .

Anna had came to visit me last week in my current foster home to tell me that a young couple that just got engaged in La are looking to foster a teenager .

Anna had rang them and told them abit about me and my personality (and maybe leaving out the bad bits iv done in the past like getting black out drunk at 14 and waking up in a trash bin outside of a Mcdonalds)

She had shown them new pictures of me from times me and anna had gone out for lunch instead of showing them really bad passport photos on my files.

Iv literally only been shown one photo of them and there names But its nice to know that they don't have kids or foster anyone else , theres nothing worse than having to share a room with people .

Im pulled out of my own thinking when they announce that the plane will be landing soon. Anna had told me that Luke and sierra had planned to pick me up at the airport in a starbucks. Lets hope they see me or i dont go home with the wrong people that would be embrassing at the end of the day i barely know what they look like ,id hardly be able to identify them in a crowd of people . I mean it will be easy to spot me a 16 year old that looks lost out her mind .

The plane landed and i manage to get my bag in only 10 minutes so it wasnt too bad i had only a small suit case so it was no hassle to lift up. I began to walk over to the starbucks and looked around abit lost looking over all the tables . I was about to walk out the door and save my self some embarrassment until i heared my name being called.

I look behind me over to a table in the corner of the room to see a tall blonde man with blue eyes standing up with a coffee in hand and a short tanned woman with long black hair next to him. 

I walk over with my bag trailing behind me .
"Hi Luke and sierra right? " i ask sticking out a hand to the man and nervously bitting my lip .

"Ya honey , sit down" he smiles and shakes my hand back "nice to meet you taylor im luke hemmings " i smile "taylor miller " i reply "would you a drink coffee, tea ,water a bite to eat even" He smiles .

I clear my thought and asked for just a simple coffee with milk no suger and he smiles and walked away .

Sierra sat down at the table for 4 i sat next to her looking over back at luke who is now in line .

"Was it a long flight you must be tired , im sierra by the way " sierra says with a sweet smile looking at me trying to take the attention away from the silence .

Im a not a nervous person when it comes to conversation , im a very talkative person so i love a good conversation so i reply back easily.

"Not to long surprisingly,  got a bit of a headache though " i giggle and look at my hands on my lap.

"I dont have any painkillers in my bag at the moment , there should be some at home though, sorry " she giggle back .

I actually kinda like her i feel comfortable with her like im talking to one my friends.

Luke arrives back hands me my coffee, i thank him and smile as he sits down.
He looks at his phone at a message he just received and laughs abit . I give a questioning look feeling abit nosey to know whats on his phone. Sierra looks up from her coffee she was drinking and picks up her small handbag thats placed around the back of the chair shes sitting on .

"How bout we get going , get you a painkiller for your head , its nearly 4am you must be jetlagged " she laughs

" ya that sounds good , was hoping we would be going soon " i laugh back as we all stand from are chair and push them in .

Luke graps the handle of my bad looking at me to see my reaction i just nod and smile and he fully grips it and begins walking out the starbucks with sierra and i following , i was just done my coffee so i put it in a bin on the way out . As we walked towards the exit door Luke, sierra and i made little conversation about my flight , my last home and Anna . I shiver abit from the temperature drop from the hot airport to the cooler air outside as im only wearing lightgrey sweatpants and a white tanktop with a small black bag on my back .

We make are way over to a black car still have light conversation , in already a little amount of time i feel comfortable enough to talk to them but still have my guard up . Luke opens the trunk of the car and places my suitcase in. Sierra walks around to the passenger side as luke quickly opens the backseat door to let me in before he slids in the door at the frount to drive .

 Sierra walks around to the passenger side as luke quickly opens the backseat door to let me in before he slids in the door at the frount to drive

The cars actually lovely im scared to move that ill make a mark it look expensive,  it has red seats but everything else is black .

As we start driving Luke and sierra begin to chat as i pull out my phone  from my pocket and begin to text my friends from back home . ERROR is spelt out on the screen the second i send the message... my old foster parents must of stop paying the bill .. fair enough i mean...
I sigh abit knowing im gonna be bored until i get credit or wifi .

Sierra looks back to me and iv now noticed i must have been louder than i thought.

"You ok taylor" she asks looking worried

" ya shit , fuck i didn't mean to swear shit sorry omg sorry " i ramble after dragging myself into a hole beginning to panic from cursing.

Luke and sierra just laugh abit and smile . "Its ok whats wrong u seem frustrated " Luke asks still looking at the road as sierra looks at me.

I look down not making eye contact abit flustered not knowing how there going to react to me saying that in was cut off . There 2 types of people in this situation, the people who smile and say they will buy you credit and the ones who laugh and say no .

" mmm " i clear my throat "my old foster parents cut of my credit on my phone , i was gonna text me friends but was cut off" i lower my voice hoping maybe they won't hear.

"That sucks we'll try buy you a new number tomorrow , is that ok ? " Luke asks from the front , he sounds a bit nervous and now im praying im not asking for to much .
I look up from my hands to the mirror in the window to see him looking at me waiting for me to speak .

"That would be great thanks " i smile back looking out the window to the side as sierra turns back around.