Chapter Two

Chapter Two: Excuse Me?!

Point of View: Perseus Jackson

I look at my father. "Why?"
His voice breaks as he answers. "Because you have grown too powerful and the bloodlust would make you even more so. You're evil and I cannot let you plague our family's name."
Something breaks inside me and I inhale sharply. My soul hurts. "I've done nothing! I've saved you twice! Why would I destroy Olympus when I've worked so hard to save it twice?!"
"Maybe he is right." Apollo says quietly.
"No, he cannot be trusted. We should have killed him long ago like I wanted. He could have destroyed Olympus due to the lines of the first prophecy." Zeus snaps at Apollo.
"You mean I should have! But I didn't! That should be proof enough!" I scream.
"You were too young." Zeus says.
"Yes, I was too young to be thrown into two wars and used as your chew toy." I bite back at him harshly and they all flinch at my tone. "Too young to be ripped away from a life I should have been left alone in. Too young to have my mother torn away from me and have to go to the realm of the dead to save her and fail because I brought back your damned weapon. I went to Hell for one of your children willingly and only thinking of her. I would have done the same for any of them and this is the result. Nightmares I deal with, for them. Staying strong when I want nothing more than to break down, for them. For you. And this happens. I lost my memory and fought for you in two wars. I bear the blood of so many of my dead friends on my hands because you were too scared to help us. Too frightened of your own father to come help us. I've done everything for you. I gave up my life for you. I've lost so much for you and this is how you repay me. No wonder the minor gods hate you. You take for granted everything and then toss them aside like trash. Just because I was a mistake, the mistake that saved you."
Zeus snaps his fingers and I lose the ability to speak. It doesn't bother me. "Brother!" Poseidon frets.
"Enough. It's time." Zeus says. He waves his hand and the chains melt away, but a hole opens below me and I fall through.
I close my eyes in defeat and fall down into the Pit.
It takes a while, as usual. I land in the some mud pile and crawl out. I look around the red misty plains and immediately freeze my gaze on someone I don't want to see.
Tartarus.
He sneers at me and walks towards me. "So, they send you here. You poor thing."
I look away at the ground, giving up completely. He bellows with laughter. "Oh and you don't even care. How delightful. I have someone here who wants to meet you. I hope you know the gods made you immortal so you could suffer forever in the eternal agony the monsters feel." Then something occurs to him. "And he took away your voice!" He cackles. "How wonderful. Come, come."
He grips my arm hard and pulls me along. I walk next to him and keep my eyes on the ground. "You could see through the shield of demigods before. Now you have to all the time. Your mind must've been shattered as a demigod. How did you fight? Oh wait, you did it for them. Now you have no purpose. However, that curse of your granddaddy's doesn't affect you at all. You're too pure and they've just condemned their only hope. Not only does Owen want to see you, but so does Kronos."
That doesn't bother me. I'm giving up. I'm too tired and too upset. I'm too empty. He walks me into a cave and let's go of my arm as two figures emerge in the dark