Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven: The Vision Of Silvery White

Point of View: Artemis

The next afternoon 

"Do you have to drag me to the altar or are you just enjoying the fact that I am not walking because of your idiocy?" I hear Percy grumble at Gration. 

"Well, you are marrying the goddess I originally wanted for myself. Think of this as my vengeance." Gration responds. 

"Arrogant prick." Percy snaps at him. 

"Little brother." Gration chuckles. 

"Don't start with me." Percy tells him as his voice starts to carry down the steps. 

"Too late." Gration laughs. 

After a few minutes, the Titanesses, Gaea, and I hear a crash and a muffled guffaw.

"I guess Gration went a little too far." Gaea giggles quietly. 

"It sounded like someone was throwing something." I comment. 

"Perseus probably threw Grarion into one of the glass decorations." Rhea sighs but is smiling at one corner of her mouth. 

"I know he's strong but is Perseus really able to throw Gration?" I look at all of them and they a giggle. 

"Oh, he could throw him several times without getting tired. It doesn't even hurt him and even if it did, he'd just enjoy it." Themis tells me. 

"But Gration is so big, even shrunken small enough to attend the ceremony." I argue. 

"As time goes on, you'll learn your soon to be husband is strong in more than one way." Tethys says and styles the last curl in place. "There! Perfect!" She claps her hands together. 

"Now for the dress ladies!" Rhea exclaims excitedly and they all slip me into the dress. It's fitted exactly to my form and the traditional white, but elegant like a princess's wedding dress. It makes me feel a little weird. 

"Stop fighting!" We all hear Perseus yell and several crashes sound. 

"What's going on?" I ask. 

"I bet you ten drachmas Perseus had to break up a fight between Polybotes and Porphyrion." Themis tells Tethys. 

"You're on." Tethys says. 

"You are acting like Zeus and Poseidon! Do not break that! I don't care if I did it earlier! At least I fixed it! I am not cleaning up your idiotic mess. Oh, you are so aggravating!" Perseus yells. 

We hear two grunts and quieted screams. "Okay!" Polybotes says. 

"We give up!" Porphyrion exclaims. 

"Now clean up after yourselves!" Perseus orders. 

"Are you nervous?" Gaea asks as they finish the last touches of light makeup. 

"A little bit." I admit. 

"Don't be. He's probably more nervous than you are at any rate. Remember that you'll be happy with him forever because he wants to make you happy." Rhea tells me. 

I nod. "Okay." 

The music starts and they all walk out in their silver dresses. After waiting a couple minutes, I walk out after them. I come down the staircase slowly like Themis told me to and come down the aisle with Kronos, completely surprised at how gentle he is as he walks me down the aisle to Perseus. 

Perseus takes my hands and Prometheus begins. By the time I'm done repeating the words, I'm finding it is harder and harder to not love Perseus and the way he is now. Even the old him was hardened enough to become this if forced. Zeus would have made him this way if he would have continued to use Perseus. 

Prometheus turns to me at the end of his sentence, "I do." I nod at him. 

He repeats the words to Perseus and Perseus looks at me. "I do." 

Prometheus says something, but I don't hear it. What I hear is, "You may now kiss the bride." 

Perseus leans down and captures my lips on his. He pulls away before it is considered too long. Clapping from my new family is what I hear and then Prometheus leads us into the living room, which has been transformed into a beautiful little place to have a small reception. 

Gaea comes over squealing and Perseus winces at the high pitched noise but hugs his mother without complaint and then she hugs me and kisses both of my cheeks. Tartarus hugs me and claps him on the back. His brothers come over and try to say insults that end with them on the floor while Perseus just stares at them. 

Owen comes over and I start to step away. Perseus wraps an arm around my waist to keep me in place next to him. "Grandfather." Perseus nods at him in acknowledgement. 

"It's so nice to have you repaired and happy. I haven't seen you this jovial in quite a while." Owen says and that's when Epimetheus comes over shyly. Owen kisses my forehead, hugs Perseus, and leaves us with Epimetheus. 

"It's an honor to finally meet you, grandchild." Epimetheus hesitantly hugs the both of us. 

"The pleasure is mine." Perseus tells him. 

"A fine wife." He compliments the both of us. 

"Thank you." I say quietly. 

"I hear you are much like me, just less in control over what you see." He turns to my new husband. 

"Yes. I am finally growing accustomed to it enough to where I have a better hold over it." Percy answers him. 

"Yes, but it will only grow with time. For you, it won't stop growing until you surpass even I. You are a Primordial now, not a demigod. You must understand that I can only help you to a certain point and that's where my help ceases to matter." Epimetheus explains. 

"Very well. Understood." Percy bows his head to him. 

"I'd like to get to know you and your wife now that I know I will be safe to roam." Epimetheus sounds shaky. 

"Of course. You are free to visit anytime." Perseus tells him. 

Epimetheus nods. "Thank you." He says and hugs us both again. 

The next morning

I wake up to find Perseus fully clothed and armored from the handsome suit he wore yesterday. It made his beauty even more overwhelming than it already is. And I get to see all of it. The midnight black suit styled to his form, the white accenting it, and his burning eyes piercing mine and my soul. 

"Are you leaving for Camp Jupiter?" I ask. 

"Yes." He answers simply. 

"When will you be back?" I ask worriedly and he chuckles. 

"After I kill the few minor gods, some of the council, and capture your brother." He says. 

"Okay." I whisper. 

He comes over and kisses me and then he flashes away with a kinder light to his eyes. It will leave once he's topside. I sigh and pull the covers up around me.