Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten: The War's End

Point of View: Perseus Jackson

"So sad that Olympus falls in just a few days." I laugh at Zeus. 

Poseidon comes forward. "You could have finished us off sooner. If you gave us some time, then you are still in there. Please, Perseus." 

All the monsters and my family laugh. I smirk. "You mean the human you once called son. Sorry, he's dead. Or at least, he doesn't care and finally realized you're no better than bugs under his boot. Sorry to burst your bubble sea god, but, your son no longer exists. Sure, I have his fatal flaw and that personality is buried deep within, but I'm not your son. I never will be and I never want to be." 

He looks shattered. "Don't repeat what happened to you?" Zeus begs. 

"Repeat? That's all history does, if you haven't noticed. But, that isn't what's happening. Let me explain," I clear my throat and my family chuckles. "What you did to Poseidon's son, was unjust, sucked, and ultimately led to this outcome. What's happening now, completely different concept. This is just. And, I'm not killing you forever. I'm not that merciful. You'll be reformed for our amusement forever." 

"You've become a monster." Athena says. 

"Yes," I nod. "But a monster you made." She pales dramatically. "Born from your cruelty, your mercy. At least, what you thought was mercy. It would have been more merciful to let me die." 

"Don't be so scared Athena, Porphyrion will be very gentle with you." Gaea says sweetly. 

Porphyrion winks at the wisdom goddess and I look away. "Even if it was unjust, you shouldn't have turned out this way." Hades looks confused. 

I tilt my head in curiosity. "How so?" 

"Your soul would have fought harder. It would have lasted forever, even down in that place." Hades says, relieved at the break in the inevitable fight. 

I raise an eyebrow and look at my father. Tartarus walks up to stand beside me and rests a hand on my shoulder. I look back at Hades and he gulps at seeing Tartarus so close to me and I I'll at ease with it. "Still have not come to the answer?" Tartarus asks him. 

"I lost a lot and seeing how others were affected by it furthered my point." I tell Hades. 

"He almost died on us when he came across us. Silent, unresponsive, and downcast. What we have him was a gift and he appreciates the gesture. We've grown to care for each other like a real family." Kronos's comes up on my other side. 

Hades's eyes widen, finally understanding. "Four lone Olympians." I analyze each and ever one of them. "Such a waste." I say and draw my sword. I start for them and they look confused. I raise my sword. "Your final chapter as rulers. Your final days of glory." 

"And what of Artemis?" Athena asks. 

"Oh, she's not an Olympian." I grin. "As my wife, she lost her claim to Olympus and gained something stronger." I am closer now. 

"Like what?" Poseidon asks sadly. 

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I chuckle and stop twenty feet from them. "Too bad you never will."

"And the others that came peacefully?" Hades asks. 

"Hmm. They have my blessing. Minor, sure. But it's my blessing all the same. They aren't Olympians. Your lines end with you." I tell them. 

"Thalia?" Zeus asks nervously. 

"Has my blessing. Afraid for the future of Olympus now? Because once you lose to me, it falls, never to return." I reply.