Part 2 - An Old Friend

Hello old friend, I have a proposition for you. I'll see you at the Three Broomsticks, there's also someone you might want to meet.

Sincerely, 

Phil was reading the letter, while the others stared at him in silence

Phil was reading the letter, while the others stared at him in silence. "I'll be back," the elytrian said, as he stood up from his seat. "Where are you going?" Phil might have lied to them, but being without him in this unknown world, even for just a few minutes was a scary thought. "To meet a friend." Right before apparating to Hogsmeade, the man implored they not leave the room or do anything stupid.

Hogsmeade was warm, as you'd expect in July. The only fully non-muggle village was located right next to Hogwarts, so Phil had visited many times during his years there. The inside was the same as he remembered it, the man he was meeting sat at a table in the corner. Phil sat down across from him. "Hello Phil, It's been a while hasn't it." The man looked very different from what Phil remembered. "How many years has it been?" "Seventy." No wonder the man's previously auburn hair was now silver and his beard well over a foot longer than it had been. "For me it's only been seven years." Dumbledore didn't look to shocked, though perhaps it was because the man in front of him -who was supposed to be 97- didn't even look to be 40. "Who's the new head of Ravenclaw house?" Maybe being a Ravenclaw himself made Phil a little bit biased, but it was truly the best house. Though he had scolded enough students when he was head of house that he probably shouldn't say anything too high and mighty. "Filius Flitwick." Phil just nodded, having absolutely no clue who that is. "Would you like to head over to Hogwarts?"

Phil was Dumbledore's student and then coworker before he left in 1923. He was born in 1896, it is now 1993. Tom Riddle was born in 1926 meaning Phil knows absolutely nothing of the wizarding war, Voldemort, or the boy who lived.

The protection spell surrounding the castle made apparating impossible, so the two had to walk there. The trip to Dumbledore's office was silent. The only other 'person' he saw was Peeves who threw a book at his head, which he fortunately was able to dodge. The office was the same as he remembered. An additional painting or two and a beautiful phoenix, but nonetheless it was the same. "I see you're the headmaster now." In 1923, Dumbledore was teaching defense against the dark arts. The man nodded and gave a slight smile. "Anyways, in the letter you said you had a proposition and someone for me to meet?" "Ah, of course." The wizard whispered something to his phoenix who flew off, before sitting down at his desk. "Now Douglas has been dead for years, but before he died he had some offspring." Douglas was Phil's crow, a gift from his father when he was eleven. Fawkes then entered with a bird looking to be around three years old. "This is Barnaby, Hagrid's been looking after him since he was born." Phil had absolutely no clue who Hagrid was, but that didn't matter. Barnaby looked almost exactly like Douglas despite the multiple generations between them. "Once you returned, I thought you might want to keep him." The midnight-colored bird flew to his shoulder and there was no doubt about it. Barnaby was his new best friend and he had no clue what he'd do if he lost him.

"Now about the proposition." This caused the blonde to look up and stop cooing at the crow on his shoulder. "Last-year there were some attacks on the students." This came as quite a surprise, being Hogwarts was extremely secure and the worst thing that ever happened during Phil's years at the school was a prank gone wrong leading to someone breaking a third of the bones in their body. They spent over a month in the hospital wing. "We thought it was best for the students to know how to protect themselves in the event they are unable to use magic. Years ago, I remember you being quite adept at muggle defense and we were looking for someone qualified to teach the students properly." Phil had started learning self-defense from his muggle mother when he was seven and knew how to knock a kid out before his first year at Hogwarts. Dumbledore smiled when he said this, probably thinking of the time Phil actually knocked a kid out in his sixth year for insulting his father. There was a bit of negotiation, but in the following year Phil was set to be teaching muggle-defense at Hogwarts.

"Now, I'm well aware that you were not the only one who came here when you used dimensio itinerantur." Phil wasn't that surprised that Dumbledore already knew, but is that really what they named his spell. "Of course this is the first time anything like this has happened and I believe they are children now correct?" Phil nodded, has this man been spying on him ever since he returned. "Very well, their letters should arrive by the 24th." Just like that, Phil wasn't going to question the headmaster, but really Albus. "I should warn you though, not many people know of your disappearing act and it's best they don't find out your friends aren't from around here." The man smiled, a twinkle in his eye and with that their meeting was over. "I expect to see you on the first."

Phil was given his origin when he travelled to the origins world. The origins received magic when they travelled to the wizarding world. A gift from Phil's spell.

He had to walk all the way off of Hogwarts' premises, but soon Phil apparated back to the Leaky Cauldron with Barnaby on his shoulder. He didn't know what to expect when walking back to the room, but- "WHAT THE FUCK!!" Tommy was definitely awake.

"As much money and life as you could want! The two things most human beings would choose above all—the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them." —Albus Dumbledore |Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Have a wonderful day/night. Thank you for reading, I hope to see you in the next part.