Part 11 - Just a Friendly Prank

The Ravenclaw Common Rooms

Wilbur might not be in Slytherin, but he's still a cunning little bastard. The first day of classes was finally finished and students of various years were hanging out in the common room. It was peaceful. Of course peaceful is boring and Wil needed to fix that. Currently nobody had any pets out, well except Wilbur. Friend was safely nestled in his brown hair covered by a maroon beanie that he was only allowed to wear since he wasn't in class. Fun thing about children is that they aren't particularly known for liking spiders. Tarantulas are hardly dangerous, but they still scare the shit out of people, especially children.

 So, the plan begins. Wilbur discreetly frees Friend from the restraints of his hat and tiny legs start to explore the new environment. Wil watched Friend as they journeyed across the room not wanting his companion to be injured.

The first to scream was a dark-haired third year, Michael Corner. Immediately followed by Terry Boot and Anthony Goldstein who stood beside him. Around five screams later, Phil appeared in the common room. Shit. How did he even know? Fortunately, his eyes didn't immediately narrow in on Wilbur, so he didn't know the cause yet.

"What's with all the yelling?" Just as he spoke, Friend wandered over to where Luna was standing. Instead of screaming she leaned down and held her hand out to the creature. Friend hesitantly climbed onto her fingers and she stood back up.

"Don't worry Professor. It was just this little one." Her tone was kind and somewhat spacey. Phil only glanced at her hands for a second before his eyes were zoned right in on Wilbur with a look that only meant 'You are in some deep shit.' The students might not have recognized the fluffy spider, but Phil knew exactly who it was.

Phil gently picked up Friend from Luna's hands and dragged Wilbur up to his office on the sixth floor. To say Phil was glaring at the brunette would be an understatement. Phil was burning holes into the poor boys skin.

"You'd like to explain what Friend was doing so far from his cage." Make no mistake, Phil did not care if Wil would like to explain. He was going to explain. Wilbur knew that very well.

"I accidently left it open after I fed him." Wilbur is an amazing liar no one'd disagree on that, but Phil was by no means going to believe his fibs. Phil has raised him long enough to know telltale signs of his deceptions. When Wilbur lies he always has his hands shoved in his pockets (Something he does a lot when talking anyway, so not definitive) and his face always straightens out leaving no room for smirks or smiles (Hard to tell unless you recognize his different facial expressions). Currently both were very apparent to Phil.

"Friend's going to be spending tomorrow in here with me." The statement caused Wilbur to immediately leap up from his chair.

"What! Why?!" The shout was loud enough to wake Barnaby who had been peacefully sleeping in his cage. Something neither the crow or elytrian was very pleased about.

"You clearly are having issues taking care of him, so you will be getting a break." Wilbur's face showed clearly how annoyed he was, but Phil could care less. "You should head to bed. Try not to lie to anymore teachers while you're at it." Phil was in no way mad about Wilbur pranking the other Ravenclaws (He found it quite funny actually), but he did however have quite a distaste for being lied to. Wilbur stormed out slamming the classroom door behind him (He didn't bother to close the office door).

Wilbur had gone right to his bed in the boys' dormitory. Scott wasn't asleep despite it now being past the 1st years curfew. Instead he was sitting on the windowsill watching the stars as he smoothed Athena's feathers. 

Suddenly, Scott yelped and fell to the floor. His face was frozen in fear, Athena's feathers were ruffled up also rather bothered. Against the glass was a shadowy creature from nightmares, a soulless dementor. The creatures are allowed on school premises. They are not however permitted to go anywhere near the students. The glass served as a protective shield for the several teenagers both awake and asleep within the room, so they could not actually go near them, but they tried. 

Wilbur rushed over to Scott, his annoyance with Phil long forgotten. He was trembling and for a flicker of a second Wil could've sworn his hair began to sparkle like stars of the night sky. Probably not. After an exceedingly long moment both calmed down and climbed into their beds. The last lamps in the room were extinguished and Athena flew away from the windowsill.

Everyone else in the room had been long asleep, but those two weren't likely to get a wink. To close your eyes right after staring at the literal embodiment of fear was an immediate recipe for nightmares.

"Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve." —Ginny Weasley | Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Have a wonderful day/night. Thank you or reading, I hope to see you in the next part. I apologize for this being a bit shorter than the others, I didn't know how to continue it.