Part 5 - Platform 9 3/4

Thank you for the suggestions on the last part. I hope you enjoy the rest of the story.

September 1st. They were definitely getting a lot of weird looks as they travelled through King's Cross. There was a man wearing odd clothing looking after eleven children all holding suitcases and a cage of some kind. Not to mention the man also had a cage himself, though to be fair they might not have been the weirdest group there after all many other children were roaming around with their own luggage and they didn't even have an adult with them. Getting to Platform 9 3/4 was gonna be a lot worse than some people staring at them.

"You want us to do what?" Fundy said, just to make sure he heard the elytrian correctly. "Walk into the wall." He definitely heard him correctly. "Actually it's probably better if you run into it." Phil had continued. Wilbur was the first to go through, whether it was because he just really trusted Phil or he was used to doing it from his origin is unknown.

Platform 9 3/4 was filled with noise. Kids saying goodbye to their families, birds squawking, and the sound of the train. The train was red and black with gold embellishments. It was several cars long and almost every one of them had a kid's head sticking out the window waving to their loved ones. Phil rushed them onto the train no need to say goodbye as he would be on it as well.

On the train they got lucky, two empty compartments were right across from each other. The group split into two and filled up both of them. Phil went into both compartments to help them get their luggage onto the shelf above them, mainly those like Sneeg who even with the height boost was still too short to reach it. After helping the others he went to take his seat next to Wilbur. Seat layout in case I feel like making important. Also reminder that this takes place during Prisoner of Azkaban, so the DADA professor is Remus Lupin.

 Also reminder that this takes place during Prisoner of Azkaban, so the DADA professor is Remus Lupin

Everything was going perfectly fine, which wasn't surprising. The Hogwarts Express never had any issues on it's trip. Tommy was leaning over both Tubbo and Ranboo trying to look out the window. Which there wasn't much point of. Normally you would see beautiful fields littered with cows eating the grass, but there was so much rain and fog that you were lucky to see even a hint of green let alone a cow. Tommy eventually slumped back into his seat.

The weather was already making the ride rather dim, but when the air started turning frigid it got so much worse. It wasn't just a low temperature. It was a familiar cold, one that brought fear and sucked away happiness. Out the window were dementors, why the hell were there dementors. What made it worse was that it wasn't the window to the outside they were near. No, they were on the other side of the glass door. The dementors were on the train.

Phil knew how to get rid of them, Wilbur had seen him do it before, but this was different. He was in a compartment with five people who he knew were absolutely terrified despite how well some of them hid it. Their last encounter with dementors cost them their home. Not to mention Tommy who was in no doubt traumatised from his firsthand experience on exactly why dementors are used to guard Azkaban. Phil couldn't even leave the compartment to check on the others, the door was frozen shut. When a dementor passed them it merely looked inside, it was definitely looking for something.

It obviously found whatever it was looking looking for, as soon the air began to warm and the frost on the door started to melt. Phil immediately went out, first checking on the others, then the other students who were now also his responsibility. Everyone was fine except for one of the third-years, but there was another professor with him, so Phil went to sit back down.

Once they were almost at Hogwarts, Phil told the five he was with to put on their robes before going to tell the same to the others. Just like the other first-years, instead of having a house tie they had a pin with the Hogwarts crest clipped to a normal black tie. Phil never bought any robes when they went shopping, so he was wearing some of his old robes that were shoved in a storage room after he disappeared. He just threw them over what he was already wearing.

Below is basically what Phil looks like. Ravenclaw themed robes that he wore back when he was teaching at Hogwarts. These cover his normal outfit. The shirt is open in the back, as it was specially made to fit his wings. The robes do not have this, as he didn't have wings at the time. I haven't finished shading yet, but I wanted to add it to this part. When I actually do finish it completely, I will replace this with it. I am working on the others, but they will take a while and will not be posted until after the sorting ceremony, as the pictures showcase their house.

Newest addition features Barnaby with a green and white nametag on his leg. Tags are required for the birds in the school, so people know their owners. Phil could've probably gotten away without it, being a teacher and the fact that Barnaby wasn't going to be mistaken for some students owl, but he chose not to risk it.

 Phil could've probably gotten away without it, being a teacher and the fact that Barnaby wasn't going to be mistaken for some students owl, but he chose not to risk it

When they got off the train some giant bearded guy was telling all the first-years to follow him. The group did so. As soon as they started approaching water, Ranboo turned around to tell Phil he absolutely refused, but said man had disappeared. Phil went to ride with the older students on the carriages, since as a teacher he was supposed to be there before the first-years and already sitting down at the table.

Hagrid, as he introduced himself, led the first-years to a staircase where a woman named Professor McGonagall would take over. 

"I am what I am, an' I'm not ashamed. 'Never be ashamed,' my ol' dad used ter say, 'there's some who'll hold it against you, but they're not worth botherin' with.'" —Rubeus Hagrid | Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Have a wonderful day/night. Thank you for reading. I hope to see you in the next part.