Part 9 - What it Means to be Muggle

Phil was off to the side eating his breakfast in the Great Hall. Looking around he saw ten 11-year olds that he recognized. Ten. Why would one not be missing on the first day. It was easy to find out who and he quickly went to get some answers.

"Techno, where is your brother?" His son momentarily stopped chewing his carrots and looked up at him.

"Sleeping." Phil was not impressed.

"Why?" He might not have said it, but the way Phil was staring at him made it clear what he wanted. Techno let out a huff of annoyance and stalked off back to the Gryffindor dorms. After years of time spent with someone, you learn the different messages hidden within their eyes. One message Phil used a lot was something along the lines of 'Go get your effin' brother.' All three recognize it in seconds. It's truly amazing just how often Phil had to use it. 'Tommy's outside hanging from a tree like an idiot, bring him in for dinner.' or 'Wil's been hiding in the walls for 3 hours trying to scare Techno, it's not going to work and it's time for bed, get him now.' Of course none of those words had to actually be said, his eyes made the point pretty clear.

A few minutes later, a very groggy Tommy showed up behind a extraordinarily irritated Techno. The younger went to grab some toast while Techno went back to his carrots. Phil never saw them finish, as he had to head back to his classroom.

It was 15-minutes before class and Phil never even thought of some kind of lesson plan. His job was to teach students how to fight, that was simple. He's had a lot of experience fighting in different scenarios and it wouldn't be the first time he had schooled others in it. I mean his children had to learn the easiest way to defeat a zombie by someone and it was not gonna be the crappy workers at their old orphanage. Those workers were clearly incapable of feeding children, so why would they be capable of fighting. 5 to, Phil decided that he was just gonna start with the basics, proper stance. Stance would not only help them knock somebody to the ground, but also the best way to stand during the wand duels they're used to.

At exactly 9 o' clock, the morning bell rang signifying first classes. Fortunately, there weren't too many kids. Whether that was because they were lost or he just had that few students was unknown. It was an optional class, so who knew how many decided to go. Though unlike the other optional classes, it was available to 1st and 2nd years. Normally only 3rd years and up get optional classes like divination and stuff, but since it was a matter of safety everyone was allowed to take it. All of the origins were forcefully enrolled in it despite having spent years learning how to fight. Though, with the sudden changes to their bodies they had a few things to relearn completely, as origin abilities were always used to give an advantage.

"Hello, class." Phil was standing beside his desk. There were only around ten students. Not a single one responded to him, rude. "First class of the year, how 'bout it." Once again silence, this was getting awkward. His students 70 years ago would at least respond to him.

"Alright then. I am Professor Minecraft, as you know and welcome to Muggle Self-Defense." Damn, the crickets in this classroom sure were loud. They just kept staring at him, tearing apart his soul. Why did he ever become a teacher.

"We'll be starting with proper stance, so if you could please move the desks to the walls." He was planning to go outside, but for the lesson it was unnecessary and it was way to muggy outside to be comfortable. Immediately, some kid pulled out his wand to do as said. It takes like ten seconds to push a desk to the side. Magic was completely unnecessary.

"What's your name kid?" Phil questioned, looking the boy in the eyes, so there was no mistaking who he was talking to.

"Uhh, Brandon Green, sir." Phil gave a small hum, before continuing.

Students are given names just to not be nameless. They aren't important to the story and are not needed to remember, though many may be reoccuring.

"Well Mr. Green, can you remind me what this class is again?" Phil was looking down at the poor kid, who looked utterly confused.

"Muggle defense?" He said it in a questioning tone. Phil nodded, as if Brandon just discovered the key to the universe.

"Ah! Muggle defense, you are correct. Of course we both know muggles don't have wands." Brandon was kind of just staring, not really getting his point. Phil sighed, before making it very clear what he meant. "If I see your wand out again, it will be going in there." He pointed to a glass case in the back of the room with a magic lock. "That goes for all of you, am I clear?" A few 'yeah's were heard and some nods were seen. "Amazing, now could you please move the desks out of the way." Phil had had a pretty passive-aggressive tone throughout the entire conversation and it was nowhere near stopping. "Oh! And Brandon, would you like to help me with the first demonstration." This was not a question. It was a statement and was accompanied by a mischievous grin showing that Phil was gonna have fun annoying this kid. Not too much though, he still had to teach after all.

The first class, Phil spent going over the best way to stand. Unsurprisingly, nobody decided to take out their wand after he had made his rule clear. I mean if they did, it would have ended up in the case. Magicfolk did not seem very happy when their wand was any farther than their own pocket. How these kids even manage to survive the summers without magic truly amazes him.

Since I will be switching around between who I am focusing on I will refer to different groups with certain names. Many of these are pretty self-explanatory, but I want to make sure there is absolutely no confusion. If I ever use any that is not currently on the list it will be added no matter how obvious it is. You can also ask at any time.

Golden Trio: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, + Ronald Weasley

Gryffindor Trio: Tommy Innit, Technoblade Soot, + Jack Manifold

Hufflepuff Trio: Niki Nihachu, Tubbo Underscore, + Charlie Slimecicle

Slytherin Trio: Its Fundy, Ranboo Beloved, + Sneeg Snag

Ravenclaw Duo: Scott Smajor + Wilbur Soot

The Brothers/The Minecraft Siblings/The Minecraft Brothers: Wilbur Soot, Technoblade Soot, + Tommy Innit

The Gryffindor Brothers: Technoblade Soot + Tommy Innit

The Soot Twins/The Minecraft Twins/The Soots: Wilbur Soot + Technoblade Soot

The Minecrafts/The Minecraft Family: Philza Minecraft, Wilbur Soot, Technoblade Soot, + Tommy Innit

The Weasley Twins: George Weasley + Fred Weasley

Bench Trio: Ranboo Beloved, Tubbo Underscore, + Tommy Innit

Bee Duo/Bee n' Boo: Ranboo Beloved + Tubbo Underscore

Allium Duo: Ranboo Beloved + Tommy Innit

Clingy Duo: Tommy Innit + Tubbo Underscore

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." —Albus Dumbledore | Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Have a wonderful day/night. Thank you for reading, I hope to see you in the next part.