Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I ring the door bell and Mrs. Balboa opens the door with a smile. „Mrs. Balboa", I see the look that she gives me so I quickly correct myself. „Adrian. Thank you again for haveing me."

I step inside and a ROBERTER?? comes my way. I give Adrian a shocked look.

„Rocky" is the only thing that she says.

„Not Rocky. Paulie" I hear and turn around. The older men smiles my way and gives me a hug.

„Nice to see you."

„Oh, yeah then why haven't I seen you ever since Mik's funeral" I look down. It wasn't easy losing him. He was the first men to give me a change and didn't make a difference just because I was a girl.

„Hey, you know how I am.", he trys to lighten the mood.

„It's ok. I've been busy with work."

„Ugh, I can imagine. This dirt sheets are only out for money no matter what lies they write or who they hurt." Pauli keeps on complaining how much he hates the paper.

„Oh, Pauli enough of it already." I hear Rockys voice. He sits in the dinning room and when he sees me he stands up to give me a big hug.

„Hehe slow down casanova I want a hug aswell", no matter how upset or sad I am, Apollo always makes me laugh. I give him a hug.

„So, we are still relevent enough for you to interview us, huh Miss Young?", now he's teasing me.

Adrian comes also in the room. „The food still needs a little bit. Alexa if you want to the interview now and then we can eat in peace." I nod and she leaves the room.

I set up everthing and get started with the questions.

„First question: What do you think of how the boxing industry has progressed in the last 5 years."

Rocky is first. „Well it's not different to when we were around."

„Oh come on Rock. It's nothing without us. Since we're gone the whole thing is going down hill. And now some russian Idiot thinks he could be the next Rocky Balbao."

Rocky and I give him a look.

„That means your not impressed with Ivan Drago in the slightest?"

„No, why should I?" he continuse on. „His just an amateru, his big and strong but his clumsy and I know I can beat him."

I pause at that last sentance. He isn't saying what I think he's saying... Right? I look to Rocky and he just shakes his head.

„Are you saying you want to fight him?" I ask him carefully.

„Yes.", Apollo replise shortly.

„Why?"

„Let's just say it's something I believe in."

Paulie settles in the conversation. „Don't you think people expect Rocky to whack this bum out first?"

Apollo scoffs a little. „Yeah and he will this is just an exhibition bout, ist kids' stuff"

I put my pencil down. Now I'm generally confused. I originally came here to just ask harmless question, but is Apollo really cosidering another fight?

Now I can't keep my mouth shut. „What's the purpose? What's it worth getting hurt at this point in your life?"

„I don't want that chump coming over here with all that hype, they're trying to make us look badm they tried every other way, with Rock's help we'd get great media coverage and make them look bad for a change."

I that all he thinks about? Making them look bad? „I think thats wrong?" Is the only thing I say.

„No it's never been right."

„You're a great fighter but you've been retired for nearly five years don't you think it's time to start thinking avout something else? How much more can you take? Either of you"

I know I have no buisness saying all of that, espessialy with everthing either one of them has ever done for me. Imidaily I see Apollos eyes harden and Rocky head lowering. „I'm sorry. I just worry about the both of you."

Adrian comes back with the food and the dinner is quite. Rocky Jr. thankfully lightens the mood and tells us everything that he has learned in school.

Pauli keeps looking between me and Apollo. „Don't you want to tell her? It's her job after all"

Tell me what? I look at him and he sighns. „There is a press conference tomorrow regarding the exibithion fight". I chock up on my wather.

„I didn't knew you already settled everthing. I thought this was just talking." Rocky doesn't seem so exited either.

After a minute of silence I only ask? „When is it? I ... I also have an interwiev appointment with Ivan Drago tomorrow."

„9:00 a.m." My interview with Drago is at 2:00 p.m. so that should be no problem.

„Alright I'll be there." is all I can say. 

Apollo dropped me off at home and I started working immediatley. I have to write at least 2 article and one for the press confrence tomorrow. I still can't believe he wants to fight this men. He is in his mid thrities. No idea how old this Drago guy is, but for a boxer Apollo is way to old. Of course I can't tell him that because he would just lash out, but for godness sake even he has to face the musik at some point and accept that he's getting older.

I start to work on the first article. I hate it so much, but Christoph is going to change it either way so might as well just write it how he wants it.

___________________________________________________________________________

„Supermen vs Superhype"
Vegas Fight
Experience and Style
VS
Youth and Power

Retireted professional boxer and former Heavyweigth Champion Apollo Creed challenges amature boxer „The Sibirian Express" Ivan Drago to an exebithion match in Las Vegas in three weeks time on August 31. The training of Drago is extrodanary and the question thats on everyones mind, can Apollo Creed still hang with the new generation? ___________________________________________________________________________

I hate myself for writing something like that. Apollo is my friend, but on the other hand if I write it any different Christop is just going to change it either way. Hopefully Apollo won't be as mad about it. Maybe he'll undertsand. I take the notes that I took at Rockys place and go over them. After rereading it I quickly wirte the second article in an Question and Anwser form. As soon as I'm done, I crawl into my bed and imidiatly drift off into a deep sleep.