Chapter 11

I'm still in shock. All I can see are Ivans eyes, full of hate. His words keep ringing through my head.

"And if he dies, he dies." 

How? How could he say something like that. This emotionless voice will haunt me. The only thing I can see is myself kneeling beside Apollo fearing for his life, Ivan next to me, looking down on me. 

"And if he dies, he dies."

The fist that collides with Apollos head, his lifeless body falling to the groud. 

"And if he dies, he dies."

Rocky and Duke yelling at the Press to get out of the ring, me crying and screaming on the top of my lungs for a doctor. 

"And if he dies, he dies."

Sitting in the car with Rocky and Adrian driving to the hospital not knowing
what's happening with Apollo.

"And if he dies, he dies."

"Yo, you're ok?" Rocky gently nudges me. I look up at him and just nod not having the strenght for anything else. We've been sitting here for almost three hours and no one wants to tell us anything.

"He's going to make it" Adrian tries to reasure us. "He is a strong man. He'll push through this aswell", she tries her hardest to reasure, but I have my doubts.

I knew Ivan was strong. We all knew, but we underastimated his strenght. Never could I have imagined that this fight would turn out the way it did. It was just supposed to be an exhibition fight.

"Mrs. Creed", a Doctor comes our way. Mary Ann jumps out of her seat while Doctor Johnson looks at the rest of us.

"How is he? Is he ..." Mary Ann breaks down crying while Adrian rushes to her side to comfront her. 

"Mrs. Creed we did everything we could. Your husband is alive, that is the most important thing. He's alive." 

Thank god! I sighn and lean against Rocky as a weave of releave comes over me. 

"But, there are also some bad news. Mr. Creed was in critical condition and we had to do emergancy surgery to stop the internal bleeding. He sufferd brain damage and damage on his spine aswell from all these punches."

Wait? What is he saying?

I look up to Rocky, but he looks just as confused. 

"What does that mean? I mean, he's gonna be alright, right doc?"

Dr. Johnson looks at us. "Mr. Creed is in stable condition, but I'm afraid he is paraplegic."

My knees give in, as I feel Rockys arm go around my waist to suport me. Mary Ann just burst out crying and screaming. I can only see Ivans fist colide into Apollos head. Over and over again. 

"And if he dies, he dies."

"Can we see him?" I hear Adrians voice. 

Dr. Johnson nods. "But only one at the time."

Mary Ann is the first one to go in. "Hey, are you alright staying here for a few minutes? We just want to go call home, see if everything is alright." I just nod again unable to get the pictures out of my head. 

Rocky and Adrian go down the corridor. When I can't see them again, that's when my tears come pouring down my face again. I can't believe this. My friends, someone I consider family is paraplegic. He got hurt by the man, that I fell for. How could I be so stupid! Of course Ivan never cared. 

"I don't fight. I destroy."

Not only did he hurt someone I love, but he also hurt me and is probably celebrating right now with the other people who encouraged him to destory Apollos life. 

The door to Apollos room is being slamed open and Mary Ann rans out. I slowly stand up and make my way over to Apollo. Seeing him lying there is breaking my heart. Knowing I spend so much time with the man that's responsible for his condition. 

"Apollo? I'm so sorry. I ..." My voice breaks, but he quickly shuts me up. 

"You're sorry?" His voice is full of anger. "You're sorry? Are you sorry for yelling at Stalion to throw the damn towle even though I said NOT TO THROW IT?!" I slightly back away completly caught of guard not expecting that reaction.

"What?" I asked confused. Why would I be sorry for that? If we didn't throw in the towle Ivan would've killed him. 

"Look at me, Lex. LOOK AT ME! I'm a fucking cripple." Asarcastic laugh escapes his mouth, as I flinch. 

"Don't say that." 

"It's the truth! I'm a fucking cripple and that's your fault! Yours and Stalions!"

"If we didn't stop the fight, he would've killed you!"

"That would have been better! I'd rather be dead right now!" I'm in shock hearing these words from him. 

"Apollo..."

"Get out", his eyes not leaving the ceelin. I just stand there looking at him. "Apollo, I ..."

"I SAID GET THE HELL OUT!" Turning around I open the door and exit the room almost bumping into Mary Ann. She looks at me with pure hatred in her eyes. 

"Stay away from us!" Before I can even say anything she goes on. "I know about you and this Russain Bastard!" She spits it out full of disgust as my heart sinks to my stomach. 

"You should be ashamed of yourself. He nearly killed my husband without any remorse and you have nothing better to do than to screw around with him!" 

I try to step closer to her to explain myself. To apologies, but before I realize what's happening she slapes me across the face.  My hand goes to my now burning cheek. 

"I'm so sorry", I whisper through my tears. 

In the corner of my eyes I see Rocky and Andrian coming back to us.

"Stay the hell away, from all of us!" Mary Ann scream whispers and as the Balboas apprich us I quickly turn away from them and make my way to the exit of the hospital. 

"Jo Lexi, where are you going?" I hear Rocky yell for me, but I ignore it and speed up to get out of there as fast as possible. Outside I grab the first cab, that I see and drive straight to the hotel. 

Opening the door I rush inside the room and close the door.  I take off the heels and the dress and jump into my jeans and black T-Shirt. My mind keeps going back to that once moment. 

"And if he dies, he dies."

A knock at the door interupts my thoughts. It's almost 4 a.m. I try to ignore it, but the knocking won't stop. So I get up to go over to the door opening it.

My heart skips a beat seeing the person who I wasn't sure, that I actually wanted to see ever again in my life.

"Ivan?"