Chapter 7

Chapter 7

By now its completly dark outside. Ivan caresses my hand.

„Ehm well I should probably get home" I slowly start when in reality I don't want the night to end. „Your people are surley also waiting for you."

„I bring you home?"

„Oh, no you really don't need to do that"

„It's dark outside. Woman should not walk alone at night." He keeps on surprising me. Still holding hands he asks me as we start to walk towards my apartment „Do you like your job?"

„No not at all. It doesn't matter what I write my boss changes everything to his liking to make the newspaper sell better. Doesn't matter that all he writes are lies."

„What would you like to do?"

„I enjoy writing, but not as a journalist. I wanted to be an author and write books or something like that. Where I can say what I want to say in my own words."

„Maybe I can read something from you?"

„Nothing that I wrote before is any good."

We are now standing in front of my apartment building. I open the door and Ivan holds it for me. I really enjoy him being so nice to me. I always kept men at a distance but with him, there is something different about him.

He now stands infront of my apartment. „Do.. Do you want to come in?" steping aside from the door so he can enter.

Ivan steps inside and takes his jaket off. He standts infront of me, his body so close to mine. I look up at him „Thank you, for the dinner and the nice walk"

„My plesure"

My heart is racing so loud I'm convinced that he's able to hear it. This men is going to fight one of my only friends in a few months and besides that who knows how long he will be in america.

„Ivan" my voice is so thin and quite but he hears me clearly. „Why did you want to go out with me? I mean you don't even know me" Bevore he hast he change to anwser I let my head sink to the ground and try to turn away from him but his gigantic hand carefully grabs my chin to make me look at him.

„You intrigue me. At press confrence I could only look at you. You are smart and beautiful and" he stops to get his words out correctly. „Real."

I don't know what to say. My head keeps yelling at me, that this is wrong but my heart on the other hand can't stop telling me how right this is.

„Can I see you again?", he asks.

He wants to go out with me again! The only thing I can do is nod.

„Can I give you a good night kiss?" I just look in his blue eyes and nod again. No words want to come out of my mouth.

But to my surprise he just gives me a kiss on the cheek.

„I would like to see you again tomorrow"

„I'd like that" my voice starts to come back slowly as he creates a little more distance between us.

„Good night, Alexa."

„Good night, Ivan."