Chapter 19

"Rocky, is the decision final?" I ask, desparate to hear a NO. 

"Yes."

"Are you the first to give up this crown?" A man from behind me interrupts me, but Rock just keeps glancing into the crowd completly emotionaless. 

"I dont know."

"Doesn't the title mean anything to you?" After all we have worked so hard for it. Mickey worked so hard for it!

"Not until this is over."

I haven't gotten the chance to talk to Rocky in private, so I have no idea whats going on in his head, but non the less I have to be professional, so I go over to Ivans team. 

"Coach Rimsky, considering Rocky's known punching power, do you still think that this will be an easy fight?" As Rimisky goes on to answer my question, he is interrupted by Nikolai who immediately jumps in. 

"Yes, of course. It's a matter of size and evolution. Isn't it gentleman?" He smirks to the men, completely ignoring me. Ivan just glares at him as he continues on. 

"Drago is the most perfectly trained athlete ever. This other man has not the size or the endurance or the genetics to win. It's physically impossible for this little man to win. Drago is a look at the future." 

Before I can ask another question I am yet again interrupted. "There's been no mention yet, but how much are you making for this fight?"

I just roll my eyes at this question, but Rocky actually shocks me when he answers: "No moneyy. It's not about the money."

I take my chance and fearfully continue on with the questions. "Has the fight date been set yet?" 

"December."

"Why Christmas?"

"It's what I was told."

What is he doing? No emotion, no nothing in his voice or his eyes. How does he plan to train properly, if he can't feel anything at the moment. 

"Where?" 

"It's in Russia." Come again? 

"Are you nuts?" Pauli who sits next to Rocky says exactly what I just thought. 

"What's going on? Why did you agree to this?" I ask, well in all honesty I was asking both Rocky and Ivan knowing I wouldn't get the answer here. 

Nikolai again butts is "We fight in Soviet Union or we fight nowhere. Why don't you ask Dragos wife why she is afraid? Tell them please." He looks at me with disgust as I feel my heart sink to my stomach. 

THEY KNOW!

Ludmilla also shoots a death glare in my way and it looks like Ivan also starts to slowly catch on to what was going on. Although he doesn't say anything I can clearly see how his jaw starts to twitch. 

"I'm afraid for my husbands life" maybe but definately not for Ivans, I think to myself. "All I want is for my husband to be safe, to be treated fairly. You call him a killer. He is a professional fighter, not a killer. You have this beliefe that you are better then us. You have this beliefe that this country is so very good and we are so very bad. You have this believe that you are so fair and we are so crule."

"It is all lies and false propaganda to support this antagonistic and violent goverment!" Nikolai yells but that's when Pauli seems to finally snap. 

"Violent?" he screams back at him. 

I suddenly have a feeling that there won't be any more questions asked, as this all starts to escalate even more and more. Rocky doesn't even seem to notice anything and Ivan just keeps looking at me. 

"We don't keep our people behind a wall with machine guns." Paulis comeback seems to take Nikolai and Ludmilla by surprise. 

"Who are you?"

"Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority, big mouth!" Oh, please no! 

"Good! Yes insult us! It is more typical rude behavior toward visiting foreigners. But perhaps this simple defeat of the little so-called champion will be a perfect example of how pathetic and weak your society has become! WE GO!" And with that the press conference was officially over. 

I'm yet again reminded, why I hate those thing, but I need to hurry up and try to talk to Rocky before he leaves.