Chapter 4

Chapter 4

My alarm gose off at 6:45 a.m. I get out off bed and head straight to the shower. A nice hot shower always clames me down when I need to go to a press confrence. Its always pure chaos, but thats just how things work I presume. Getting dressed I decide to dress just like I normaly do. Black jeans, white T-Shirt und my Converse. People always dress nicely for this stuff, but it just isn't my style and I don't have the money for so fancy cloths anyway. Its August and its almost 100F but to at least try to kinda fit in I grab a black facy ligth jacket, that Adrain gave me last Christmas.

Rocky is already waiting outside my apartment buildig, while I got my stuff. Thankfully he was kind enough to offer me a ride. Haveing no licence and no car its always time consuming going everywhere by foot and the local transportation were always late.

„Thank you again for picking me up." He smiles at me as he opens the door. Adrian is in the passagier seat while Rocky climbs in his driver seat.

„Don't have to thank me. Besides I just hope Apollo doesn't make a scene this time."

„Won't be the first time, would be surprised if it would be the last" I say jokingly.

Adrian just signs. „This isn't right. He's to old to fight again. I don't care if he wants to hear it or not. Has he even thought for a second what could happen. He's going to get himself killed!" She yelld the last bit.

Rocky and I were silent for a moment before her husband spoke up. „Don't worry. Yeah, he's old but he's also tough."

Getting into the building it was already full. I found my name on a chair in the first row and sat down. Apart from myself they were maybe 4 more women and they all seemed like they hated every second being here. The men were no better. Instead of getting their questions ready, they kept giving me dirty looks and mumbling insults to us women.

And then the flashlights started. They all came out at once. The russain crew on the left and the american crew on the right. My focus imediatly landed on this tall, blond guy wearing hin military uniform.

THAT IS THE GUY THAT I RECENTLY RAN INTO ON THE STREETS!

That day I haven't payed much attention but now I see him clear. He's so tall. Two heads taller than Apollo if not even more.

How does he plan to beat this men?

The crowd is screaming for their names, but Rocky and Apollo only pick me. Thats our silent agreement they help me to prove myself infront of the others and I don't ask them so stupid questions like the gentlemen behind me intended to.

„Apollo, what made you decide to put on an exibition with Drago?" I ask. He just smiles at me.

„Call it a sense of resoinsibility."

„How so?"

„I have to teach this young fellow how to box american style." That won't end good, I'm thinking to mysef.

„Isn't Drago a little inexperienced tob e in the same ring as you?" Hes team looks at me intrested.

„Some folks have to learn the hard way?"

As I'm about to ask my next question a men behind me interrupts and asks his own question. „No knockout prediction?"

„I'm not angry with him. I just want to show the world of Russia doesn't have all the best athletes."

Now I butt in faster before these „mens" question escalate even more. I wanted this whole thing to go down as civilaized as possible. „Rocky, how do you think Apollo should fight Drago?"

Rocky looks both of them up and down. „Personally, the first thing you need is a ladder" he says looking at Apollo. Everyone laughs at them even the challanger himself.

„Mr. Drago how does it feel to spar with the great former champion?" I wanted to keep my questions on for the interview later, but I had to ask him something.

He doesn't anwser me though he just keeps staring at me and I'm starting to get uncomfortable.

Apollo notices that. „The men's toung didn't come through customs."

Dragos wife anwser the question insted. „My husband is very happy to have this opportunity. Ist his dream."

„What do you mean?"

„In our country, Apollo Creed is well-known and very respected. It could be a good victory." Oh no.

„Whoa. Wait a minute? WIN?" Apollo looks at Drago, but he just keeps looking forward. „You don't really think you're going to whip me, do you?"

„He didn't come here to lose." Disagrees his wife. I glance at Rocky to do something. Knowing Apollo this is starting to escalate.

„You hold on little Lady. Lose and lose royally he will do."

„How can you be so sure?" His manager Nikoli Koloff now asks.

„I've been with the best and I've beaten the best. I retired more men than Social Security."

„Excuse, please." Mr. Koloff interupts me as I tried asking something different. „Mr. Creed you are not very realistic are you?"

„Where did you come from? What are you talking about?"

„You can box, but you are far too old to think you can win over Drago." I just stare at them in disbelieve. There is no more calming the situation but Drago just keeps staring forward.

„Is that a fact?"

„Yes, and it could be a painfull one" Mr. Koloff threatens.

„You put that heavy bag without balls in the ring with me and you'll see the meaning of pain!"

„Why do you insult us?" The woman yells.

„Just hold on. Don't make me out as the bad guy. I came to talk about a friendly exhbition bout till your started up."

„You are the aggressor! This is obvious! I wish to say tot he press.." His eyes fall on the first row. „in all fairness, Drago should not even fight this man. He is a has-been" That was the final straw. Apollo jumps up and soon everyone is standing, pushing eachother and yelling.

„You get that big chump in the ring right now!" Apollo yells and tries to push Drago und he just shoves Apollo into Rocky, who is standing behind him and both men are sent flying. I stand there like hypnotized watching everthing unfold.

If he can push Apollo with such strength, then he must be stronger then everyone asumes. Both men can hold their own ground and now both look equaly surprised.

„All right, I said what I fell. We'll finish this in the ring. You understand?"

„What ever you like" shouts Koloff while Apollo and his crew leave the stange.