Epilogue: Reign

Tonight is movie night and since Jace was the one to choose what we should watch, today. I helped Jamie sit down, I sat down next to him with Jace curling up in my lap. Roman and Ryan were on another couch. 

Jace wanted to watch The Lion King so here we are, laughing and singing until eventually Jace and Jamie fall asleep. I paused the movie while Ryan cleared all the snacks and the cups we were using. Roman gently lifted Jace and took him up to his room while I lifted up Jamie who snuggled into me and softly sighed. 

I heard Ryan closing the dishwasher as I put Jamie into bed and covered him. Ryan stood by the door and smiled at me. "Goodnight dad," he said before he kissed his papa while whispering something I couldn't hear.

"Goodnight Ry," I told him while I hugged him and kissed his hair which made him groan in return. I climbed into bed and slowly pulled Jamie to me. Of course he didn't wake up because he is so tired with Jace and everyone else, I didn't blame him.

Although he never ever complained but he needs rest if not more.

~4 hours later~

I woke up to the sound of munching so I looked behind me and I saw Jamie with a packet of Dorito chips and a bowl of m&m's and I chuckled. That's when he noticed that I was awake.

"Sorry. Did I wake you?" he asked while turning to look at me. I shook my head no and got a handful of m&m's before eating them. I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water for Jamie. 

When I entered the bedroom I found Jamie trying to get up so I quickly put the glass down and helped him out. He stood up with a groan then I felt little droplets of liquid land on my feet before a gush of liquid wet Jamie's sweatpant.

I quickly grabbed the hospital bag while Jamie sat down and focused on his breathing before waking up the twins who got Jace and we piled into the SUV and headed for the hospital.

8 hours later our son was born at 7lb and 5oz. His name is Jayden Reese Pierce.  

I love my husband and I love my children. I am thankful that I didn't fuck off when he told me to and I am also glad I serenaded his heart.