~SEVENTEEN~

In the middle of the imperial market people saw a very strange occurance. Two people from complete different backgrounds walking together as if they are best of friends.

It was Liu Changsheng walking with A-Lian, the girl he saved in the market.

It looked very strange to the people because Liu Changsheng was in his ocean blue grace, striding like a god on earth. On the other hand A-Lian was in her old torn worn out outfit. They both looked like they were from two opposite poles. And they were.

Liu Changsheng came to know that this girl was a small village merchant's fourth daughter. Her father used to make and sell clothes ornaments on the small town market near their village. But  a few months back some bandits robbed him of everything and while trying to save his hard earned money he lost his eyesight from their attack.

Now she and her other older sisters sell this and that in the market to earn bread for their family. Hard working stories always made Liu Changsheng emotional. He was a sensitive person. And he balled his hands into a fist to control himself from suddenly bursting out his anger.

He got to know that young girl a lot in just a few hours and he felt a connection with her. He thought maybe he would be able to find someone for himself in this girl. Which didn't make him feel ecstatic like it used to do back then on the thought of spending his life with someone. But he avoided that feeling of emptiness. Atleast he'll stay out of the imperial palace matters. At least he'll be able to save himself from the fate he suffered in his last life.

He talked to A-Lian for hours. About everything. As if they knew each other for lifetimes. Liu Changsheng wasn't sure what would have happened if he met A-Lian in his last life. He probably would have taken the same decision of letting go of his highness the Xiang Wang and lived happily ever after with a bubbly and very cheerful A-Lian. Because that's what he thinks now.

After accompanying A-Lian to the end of the imperial city he got back to the guest chambers because he had an event to attend. He didn't want his mother to worry.

Mother Liu was already worried enough after he got kidnapped in the forest.

"Mother, I'm back." Liu Gongzi announced after entering the courtyard. He found his brother Shenhuan practicing gongfu in the yard. On hearing Changsheng's voice he just acknowledged him once and then went back to practicing.

His mother was sitting on the other side of the courtyard with his second sister, drinking tea. She beacons her fifth son to her. And Liu Changsheng happily complies. A beautiful smile was plastered on his face all the while. A maid poured a cup of tea for him and he takes a refreshing sip.

"A-Sheng, did something good happen for my brother to be in such a pleasant mood?"

His sister's words made him blush a bit. He hides it well behind his cup of tea. Putting that down he looks at his sister. The smile never leaving his face.

"Er jie. Can Shengsheng ask jie something?"

"Oh! Ask me? Not mother?"

Liu Changsheng avoids the teasing tone in his sister's voice. He knew he was loved and this teasing was inevitable. Also if this thing makes his family worry less about him, he would take this chance to keep them away from the terrifying game of survival that he's playing.

"How do you know if you like someone?"

He asked his sister. Well truth be told, he himself knew. He too had liked someone with all his being. He too had known from the start that he liked someone. But here and now he was asking this to distract his family from finding someone for him in the people's gathering. He didn't want to find someone. He didn't want the emperor to choose him again. And he'd do everything in his power to avoid that. His words were just a reflection of that.

"Shengsheng likes someone?"

Both his mother and sister said in unison. They were very happy and for the time being every worry and fear concerning him were faded from their mind. They just wanted to know the person that their Shengsheng likes.

"A-Lian. Her name is A-Lian. She's the village merchant's fourth daughter."

And unknown to them all another person heard this and was boiling with contempt.

The second day of people's gathering was successful with all the people talking among each other. The emperor is going to be there in a short while as announced by the guard. Everyone present there were excited to see the emperor so close among the people. But Liu Changsheng wasn't. He was uninterested just standing at the side looking at the distant lake.

He was unaware how majestic he looked in his blue hanfu with purple flowers on it. His left hand held firmly behind his back and the right hand holding a blue fan in front of his face. His jet black hair flowing down on his back. A gold ring with a golden hairpin held his ponytail in place. In the eyes of everyone he looked like a deity. All the noble girls present there admired him but felt it out of their right to go near him.

He was standing in the exact same place even when the emperor entered the place with his three sons. And instantly destroying all of Liu Changsheng's plans he caught the emperor's attention.

After a painfully slow time the emperor found himself standing in front of a startled looking Liu Ruoyi and a cold looking Liu Changsheng.

"Gongzi, Guniang!"

"Your excellency!" Liu Changsheng greets the emperor. He wasn't sure what made the emperor himself come to greet him, that too with his first son, future emperor Hong Feihua. But he wasn't such a fool to not greet the emperor back. And knowing the emperor's temperament, he would do everything to not gain his attention.

He saw from the corner of his eyes, Hong Daqing standing there observing him. And by his side, talking to him stood his once nightmare.

Hello everyone!! Here's the next chapter.... I don't really know what is happening in this chapter! But here goes nothing I guess!

Finally he met the emperor and the first prince.... What do you think will the consequences be?? Also who's the nightmare we're talking about?? To know that you have to wait patiently for the next chapter!

Enjoy
All the love
C 💕

Also please don't forget to vote! ⭐⭐