~FORTY-FOUR~

"Lao gong."

Liu Changsheng could see the happy smile on his face through the red veil.

The man removed the veil that was obstructing his view from seeing his Wangfei's beautiful face.

"You look beautiful."

The man said. His face was totally filled with awe. To the man that he learned to cherish the most. He didn't know how much he hurt this man in the other timeline, but he will spend his whole life atoning for what he didn't do yet. And maybe never will after Xuehui is destroyed. But he was willing to do it. Because this person right in front of him deserves all the happiness in the world.

"Wangye!"

The fourth prince sighs.

"Lao gong." This call from Liu Changsheng finally made him smile again.

"Shengsheng. I'm sorry for whatever I did to you. But I promise this time it won't happen again."

Liu Changsheng held his beloved's face between his palms.

"Wangye, I gave you another chance. Proving me right or wrong is your choice. Just know that I love you."

The kiss that followed was full of affection. The fourth prince's hands found his way through the long black hair of Liu Changsheng. The bridal chamber was lit with beautiful scented candles.

Maybe from the smoke or from the suppressed feelings Liu Changsheng's eyes teared up again. Hong Daqing got surprised. He tried to wipe the tears but was stopped by Liu Changsheng's hands.

"Let me cry. You're finally on time."

The fourth prince's eyes widened. Did he come to the bridal chamber late? Was his thoughts.

"Shengsheng. I'm sorry." He kissed Liu Changsheng's tears away. Then as if to coax his Wangfei, he starts speaking. "My eldest brother stopped me for a drink. Maybe that is why?"

Liu Changsheng looks at the pheonix eyes looking at him with adoration. "It's okay. It's in the past now. I have you now."

Their hearts were apart for too long. Now that they have each other they are not going waste the moment anymore.

They unified with each other.

And when Liu Changsheng went to sleep in his Lao gong's embrace this time he felt peaceful. He felt the warmth through the broad chest of the prince behind him. Seeping through the naked skin was the warmth of genuine love that he knew this Hong Daqing had for him.

Even though Xuehui wasn't destroyed yet, the fourth prince made the effort to cherish him. And Liu Changsheng knew in his heart this time it will be different. This time he won't have to fight for his husband's affection. He didn't know what the future held, but he knew he would give his all to amke it right this time. Because this time he wasn't the naive and impulsive Liu Changsheng who would let his emotions run allover the place and cloud his judgement.

The shining light of the new morning seeped through the exquisite curtains of the bridal chamber. The fourth prince's palace was already bustling with the chattering of the maids busy with the morning chores. But no one dared to go near the bridal chamber specially decorated for the occasion and disturb the two newlyweds from the wedding bliss.

The head eunuch Li gonggong hired specially for the new Wangfei was waiting a few li away clear from the noises from the bridal chamber afraid of hearing the morning lovemaking of the two love birds.

And away from it all, inside the same bridal chamber from the night a beautiful young man was writhing under his husband's affection as if nothing else in the world mattered.

Liu Changsheng gave out low groans of pleasure from time to time as Hong Daqing made his way from the sensual neck already painted with scattered marks of last night's endeavour to the toned abdominal muscles clenched ever so attractively. The heat in the room rose to a point of burning the two into love etching that in their bones into believable oblivion.

While they calm down from the early morning's high a newcomer came to the outer courtyard and was now sitting with grace and beauty clad in black with a tiger insignia attached to their cloths. Finding no other way out Li gonggong had to knock on the red decorated room door to call for his masters.

"Wangye, there is a visitor at the outer courtyard."

The two embracing bodies looks at each other and bursts out into a hearty laugh.

"Wangye, you should go attend your visitor."

The beautiful smile on Liu Changsheng's face made the twenty one years old husband fall in love with his Wangfei of one day allover again.

And maybe this is how it is supposed to be.

"Wangye! Wangye?"

Hong Daqing didn't realise when he got lost in that beautiful smile but he was brought back to reality by his husband's curious voice.

"When will you learn to call me Lao gong?"

"I do call you Lao gong. Don't I?" Liu Changsheng wanted to shower in his husband's affection a bit more. But the guest is waiting in the outer courtyard. And basking in the late morning bliss keeping a visitor waiting didn't look good for a Wangfei. "Lao gong. Go attend to your guest. I'll be right here waiting for you."

And as the fourth prince goes to see who the guest is, Liu Changsheng uses this time to freshen up to look more presentable as his duty as a Wangfei begins.

He wears a set of blue hanfu with golden rimmed outer robes looking graceful as ever.

When he comes out of the bridal chamber he finds Li gonggong waiting for him kowtowing low on the ground.

But according to this timeline this is the first time he's meeting the eunuch. So he calms himself and waits for the eunuch to introduce themselves.

"Gonggong Li Dong introduces themselves to the zhuren."

On Liu Changsheng's permission to stand up he does so and presents his first duty for the day.

"Zhuren has to go to the outer courtyard to attend the guest. Wangye is waiting for zhuren in the study."

Which guest would want the Wangfei's presence along with the wangye? Was it the empress?

But when Liu Changsheng enters the outer courtyard with his husband by his side and the head eunuch on tow, his heart stops beating for a moment.

The fear that has partly subsided hiding itself in a darker corner of his subconscious mind suddenly appears like a deja vu.

The guest standing in front of him dressed in all black was none other than Duan Jiali.

Hello Hello Hello! This chapter is updated a bit later, because I was in the hospital for an MRI! So I couldn't update!

I'll keep this note short and precise... Tell me about what you think! And keep supporting!

All the love!
C 💕

Also please don't forget to vote!! ⭐⭐