~EIGHTEEN~

Liu Changsheng was stunned. Shocked to an extent that he couldn't move. This was noticed by the emperor himself.

"Liu Gongzi. Is your health alright?" This was the first prince. First prince Hong Feihua, the future Shenlongjun was a very cunning person in Liu Changsheng's eyes. He avoided this first prince as much as he could in his last life. But what about this time?

Last time the emperor never came to meet him personally. Which this time he did. And Liu Changsheng had a premonition that this was not a good thing.

On the contrary, he never had a good premonition about anything after his rebirth. Which is totally natural after what he has faced after becoming part of the imperial family.

Liu Changsheng shakes his head to get himself out of the trance. Why would the fourth prince be talking to the third marquis. And the way that old lecker looked at him made his bowels rise. He hates that man to his core.

That man has been his nightmare even after his rebirth. There has been more times than he would like to admit that he has woken up drenched in sweat and his own tears. Only because of that man. He remembered how that man has touched him allover. That third marquis has done something to him to scar him enough for two lifetimes.

The soul this body of Liu Changsheng possessed has carried those scars never to heal.

He was unable to answer for a moment. After which he slowly excused himself from the emperor saying he didn't feel very well.

He left from there only to be blocked on the way by the exact same person he wanted to avoid. The third marquis Luo Guang. That old glutton looked Liu Changsheng up and down as if he would swallow him whole if he could.

Liu Changsheng avoids marquis Luo Guang's eyes like a plague. He wasn't yet ready to face this man. He never got to deal with what had happened to him because of this man and now that the living breathing nightmare was standing right in front of him it was getting hard for him to breath. His breathing became heavy with panic. Luckily this didn't go unnoticed by his second brother Liu Shenhuan. His older brother came to his rescue from the third marquis even though he didn't know what might have happened.

But surprisingly the exact same moment came another person. The fourth prince Hong Daqing.

He put a hand on Liu Changsheng's back to comfort him. And at the same time his territorial glance pierced the lecker marquis with thousand needles.

"Is anything the matter marquis Luo."

The old man saw the warning in the Xiang Wang's eyes but didn't pay it much heed.

"I just wanted to make aquaintance with this young man right here, your majesty."

"Gongzi does not feel very good right now. Let's keep that for another time, shall we?" Hong Daqing made sure the message was sent properly. That this is my man and you old lecker should stay away.

Liu Changsheng didn't see any of this however. He was trying to calm his breathing down and getting his heart under control. He was having a hard time breathing in the same air as Luo Guang. And Hong Daqing could see that.

Liu Shenhuan has reached there almost at the same time as the fourth prince. But seeing him defending his brother second young master Liu didn't say much and stays as a witness for the time being. He knew to meddle when the right time comes.

After the third marquis Luo Guang didn't have another option than to retreat, only then did Liu Shenhuan intercepted.

"Your highness. Thank you for defending my brother. I will take it from here."

Liu Shenhuan knew that he was a merchant's son, and there is only so much he can do over the prince of the empire. But he was determined to do his best. As long as the prince doesn't use a command he can peacefully take his brother away from the crowd. But just as he feared, the prince did it.

"Liu er Gongzi, can I be as bold as to command you to stay by the side and let me take care of Liu Changsheng?"

This surprised Liu Shenhuan. He didn't expect the fourth prince to call Changsheng by his name. If Liu Changsheng was in his right mind he would have scoffed at the overly proud prince and stormed away from the site. But luckily he wasn't.

Xiang Wang Hong Daqing supported Liu Changsheng's nearly pale body and escorted him away from the crowd to the guest chambers alloted for the Liu family. He half-laid him on the bed with the support of the bedpost and held his hand to calm the frantic man's nerves.

Liu Shenhuan following closely behind was watching the prince's behaviour carefully. The Xiang Wang's sentiments were evident from the way he treated the frgile young master so tenderly.

After getting away from the crowd and especially Luo Guang, Liu Changsheng's breathing became a bit more normal. He calms himself down only to see another person sitting on his bedside looking at him with concerned expressions. A person he doesn't want to interact but is unable to avoid.

"Why is your highness in our humble enclosure?"

"Shengsheng! What happened there? Did third Marquis Luo say anything to you?" Hong Daqing's voice was dripping with concern. It sounded like he would kill that marquis if he as little as thought about touching Changsheng.

"Your highness. I understand your sentiments, but I'm sorry I can't reciprocate it. I would like it if your highness would keep his distance. I had a debt, which is already paid if I'm remembering correctly." Liu Changsheng looked away because if he didn't he wouldn't be able to keep his composure.

He knew his own heart too. No matter how much he denies he has always been weak to the fourth prince. And he always will be. But he cannot choose the prince again. This time he has to choose his family's life rather than his own heart. Which has started beating for the fourth prince's clingy self long ago.

"Now if your highness will excuse me, this subject would like to rest."

It has taken a lot of courage and strength to push the fourth prince away. Never in a million year he thought it would be this hard even though that was his intension all along.

The shocked Xiang Wang was just near the door of the room when suddenly Liu Changsheng stopped him.

"Wangye! Keeping your promises has always been your strongest trait. I hope you'll keep the last prokise you made to me. I will wait. I have questions I would expect answers."

And just like that the Xiang Wang left. From the room. From the courtyard. And from Liu Changsheng's life. In his heart Liu Changsheng finally realised this was really over. Finally he would be able to save his family. He won't have to worry about surviving every single moment.

Maybe this time he could change his fate. But at what cost?

Liu Shenhuan saw the whole exchange with his own eyes. And he could feel his younger brother's heart. He could see how their young, pampered, sheltered Shengsheng suddenly grew up so much to sacrifice his own happiness. He didn't know why, but he could see it all.

The set of lingering eyes saw the trail of his heart being taken away. Liu Changsheng wasn't regretting. He wasn't feeling pain. Just a numbness took over him as if from now on life would be just a routine. As if he lost his purpose. As if his reason for living just left the courtyard in the black and purple imperial court outfit, taking a part of him with them.

Helllo Pandas! Here's a new chapter as promised!! I think this chapter is one of those chapters that makes me proud after writing it....

Today's chapter has a lots of emotions filled in it... I hope I did this chapter justice! Tell me your opinions about this chapter in the comments!! I'll be waiting!

Now for some other things, I just started planning an YouTube video but I don't know where to start! I have an idea about what I'm gonna do and what I want to talk about! But I'm just a bit scared about the editing and the execution.... Tell me if you'd like to watch me on YouTube!

Hope you enjoy!
All the love!
C 💕

Also please don't forget to vote! ⭐⭐