Chapter 2

'Thoughts'

Serving Cale was a lot like riding a bicycle.

Only you don't know how to ride one and the bicycle was set on fire with a vicious butler and a threatening chef going after you.

"Oh, good morning Hans!" were the chirpy greetings of his fellow co-workers as they saw him enter the kitchen.

"...Good morning" was the half-hearted and deadlike reply from their resident happy-go-lucky butler, which made them concerned.

They exchanged looks of concern.

"Hans?"

"Hm?"

"Are you alright? "

"... Hmm... I think so..."

'No... no I'm not. Aigoo, why am I suffering like this?' were the anguished thoughts of Hans as he started to cry inside, but outside, all they could see was the very deadlike gaze of a butler who was looking out at the window.

"Should I run?" they heard him mutter as he gazed at the open window.

'Wait... he doesn't mean... no way... we're on the third floor...' They all looked at each other in terror.

"Hm... if I run now, then everything will end..."

'OH MY GOD, HE DOES !'

"HANS! Don't do it! "

"Yes Hans, don't do anything reckless!" was the shout of others as they quickly surrounded the butler and others closed and blocked the opened windows.

'Hm? What are they doing? And reckless? ' He looked at them in confusion, but the others took it as him asking for a reason as to why they were stopping him from jumping.

"Please Hans, think of your future. Everything might not be okay now, but there's always other ways, so don't give up, " they encourage.

'Other ways?' Hmm... yes... YES! their right. Kim Rok Soo hasn't yet been transmigrated here, so he still has time to try and convince the Count to change his mind. Hans could have chosen to retire, but why should he? He has a great place to stay and food to eat. Why give away something good?

"Yes! You are right! Thank you guys, " he brightly smiled at them with flowers in the background, and they all looked relieved.

"In any case, Hans here, eat up so that you will have strength in serving Young Master Cale again today, "urged the chef.

"Oh thank you."

They were all just happy that Hans wouldn't do anything to harm himself as they enjoyed the morning.

'Yes, I just need to endure it a bit'

________________________________________________________

'I change my mind. I want to retire'

"Hello Hans," there was Ron in front of him, smiling benignly, but all Hans could see was a predator assessing his prey on how to hunt them down.

"U-uh, Hello Sir Ron," he shuffled his feet nervously and fiddled with the cuffs of his sleeves to calm his nerves.

"It's alright, Hans, no need to be nervous. It's alright if you make a mistake"

'Is he...Is he threatening me that if I do something wrong, he'll chop me up?! ' He felt himself sweating at that implication.

"Y-yes," he squeaked as he saw Ron waiting for his reply.