Chapter 5

'Thoughts'

Ron was just about to go and check on his puppy young master, when he heard a... very interesting topic. He would typically ignore this, but it concerned a certain someone, so he hid in a corner as two maids passed by.

"Ughh, I can't help but be concerned about Hans!" a maid named Mai, he assumed, expressed her concern to her friend named Claire.

"I understand how you feel. Just this morning, he was gazing out the window, longingly, AGAIN! I'm on the edge of asking the Count to consider putting a barrier there. "

"Not only that, but Hans is overworking himself. I understand that he enjoys his job, but he's still young, and he should take it easy. "

"Really, we can't leave him alone... and speaking of Hans, I've heard some... rumors about him, but I'm not sure if they're true or not. "

"Hm? What is it? Please don't tell me it's about a ghost lurking around. I already have enough nightmares about it. " (A/N: That's another story, hehe.)

"No, no, it's something important," Claire whispered to Mai, and while a normal person wouldn't have heard it  Ron isn't your ordinary regular person.

"It's about Hans. I'm not sure why, but he always seems to go to the kitchen at night and... the others assumed he was searching for something."

"Something?"

Claire nodded and checked to see if anyone was nearby. "One of the head chefs, Greg, believes it's the knives he hid when he saw Hans got hurt. "

"What?!"

"Shhhhh, don't be so loud, " said Claire

Mai hastily covered her mouth and looked around to see if anybody had heard her, only to exhale a breath of relief when she realized no one had. "Are you sure?" she worriedly inquired.

"I'm certain! That's why Greg always made sure to keep the blades hidden, and there's more. "

"Tell me!" says Mai.

"It's about Hans attempting to find ropes..."

"..."

"Isn't this... serious?"

"Well, they're all just rumors, so we can't be too sure. Asking Hans directly might trigger him to withdraw, worsening the problem. All we can do is make sure he knows we're here for him and just be there to make sure he doesn't injure himself. "

"I suppose..."

"Anyway, let's get back to work before we get caught slacking."

When Ron was certain that the maids' footsteps were no longer audible, he emerged from his hiding place.

"Hmm..." he pondered the information he had received. 'I might just have to keep a closer eye on the little bunny,' he thought to himself as he began to walk away, and he made a mental note to inform his son about it, simply to warn him to keep sharp objects away from Hans.

_____________________________________