Chapter 6

'Thoughts'

"Hans, are you alright?"

"Please take it easy, Hans."

"Would you like to have some snacks, Hans?"

"Uhh..." Hans could only look at his co-workers in an awkward manner as he was a bit overwhelmed by them.

Don't get him wrong. He very much appreciates his co-workers' worry for him, but at times it becomes a bit stifling. Because despite these people being kind to him, he knows that it was meant for the original "Hans" and not him. With this thought, it makes him a bit guilty for robbing the original Hans of this life.

Before he could mull over this guilt, he heard a familiar voice. "Now, now guys" He looked up and there was Mark standing in front of him.

He could only stare at the reliable back in front of him with admiration.

"But Mark, look at him. He's too skinny and he keeps overworking himself too much."

"Right! Right!"

'Overwork? Who's overworking?! ' He stared at them in disbelief, not believing in the 'nonsense' coming out of their mouths.

Yes, he has been working too much at times, but only to appease a terrifying butler; they would undoubtedly do the same if they were in his shoes.

"Yeah! Look at him, he is so skinny. "

"That's true, he needs to eat more food!"

'Skinny?'  Have they not seen how much Beacrox has been fattening him up? To the point that he started to think that Beacrox is secretly a cannibal waiting to eat him at the right time. He shivered and paled at this thought, not noticing that the others looked at him in concern, thinking that Hans might be sick 'again'.

"Hans, are you alright?"

"Ah... yes I-

"Oh no, he might be sick!"

"No I-"

"Hurry! Call a doctor!"

Hans looked at them all in disbelief. 'What is he to them?! A kid? He was very much an adult!'

"Now, now, everyone, please calm down," Mark said, trying to calm the hysteric maids and butlers.

"But Mark-"

"I'm sure that Hans is fine; he might just feel a bit overwhelmed, right Hans?" Mark looked at Hans with a soft smile and at that angle, Hans could almost see how the light reflected on Mark, which made him light up, almost like an...

"Angel," he murmured unconsciously.

"Eh?" Mark looks at Hans in confusion.

Hans turned to him with awe. "Mark-hyung... Are you an angel?"

"Uh... I..." Mark, lost for words, could only look at Hans in disbelief and embarrassment. However, he suddenly felt a prick behind his neck and, lo and behold, the servants were glaring at him in envy. He could practically hear their thoughts.

'How dare he steal Hans' attention?'

'How come Mark became a Hyung'

'So unfair'

'He just wants Hans all to himself'.

'I hope Young Master Cale throws a bottle at you.'