~Chapter Sixteen~

Chapter Sixteen

As the sun started to come up the next day I was cleaning the blood that had been spilt in the hallway last night. Jackie, one of the new girls, was refusing our help and was trying to push me away and in the process she knocked over the bottle I had been holding. I sighed and rubbed my forehead, picking up the saturated cloth and walking down the stairs. I threw the cloth into the laundry room and walked over to the living room. Pillows had been thrown about and couches were turned over. Broken glass littered the floor and paintings had been knocked to the ground. While I was having problems with Jackie upstairs, Kate was having problems with Lucy down here. I started to put the couches back to the way they were and I started throwing the pillows into their places. As I picked up the last two pillows Amelia appeared behind me, “Scarlett, I can do this. You should be getting ready to go see your lover.” She batted her eyelashes at me.

She smirked and I rolled my eyes, “Sam is not my lover.”

She grabbed my shoulders and shook me, “Because you won’t let him get close to you! You’re the only one who has a problem with a relationship and you shouldn’t because I know you want it.” I smacked Amelia, harder than I needed to, with the pillow that was in my hand. She stumbled back from the shock and held her cheek, “That was not very nice. I’m just trying to help.”

I frowned, “I don’t need your help with this, Am.”

“That’s what you think.” I raised the pillow and she ducked behind the couch.

I shook my head and threw the pillow onto the chair, “What happens when Sam gets old and I stay the same? What if he wants to get married and have kids?” Amelia gave me an incredulous look and I sighed, “You don’t know. He might want to leave the whole hunting thing behind. He may be one of those white picket fence guys.”

Amelia smiled, “Aren’t you one of those girls?”

I turned to my feet, “I was.” I looked up at my blue-eyed friend and tried to smile, “I should get going.”

She nodded and gave me an apologetic smile, “I’ll have the whole house clean before you get back.” I walked out of the living room and to the front door. I pulled open the door and ran out of the house to the edge of the woods. Once I reached the town I slowed to a normal pace and made my way to the only motel in Roxbury.

By the time I got there it was eleven and I noticed the impala in the parking lot, so I knew that the boys were still in their room. It wasn’t difficult to find them on the second floor. I knocked on their door and waited. When no one answered I knocked again and this time I heard a crash from within the room. I snickered as I heard Dean curse and stumble to the door. He pulled it open and glared at me, “Did you have to come so early?”

I walked past him, “It’s 11 o’clock.”

Dean looked over at the clock that hung on the wall, “Oh, well, still it’s early.”

I snorted and sat in one of the chairs, “It’s almost noon.”