~Chapter One~

Chapter One

I was sitting in Bobby’s living room, watching him flip through books. He looked up at me, “Would you stop staring at me and help.”

I sighed and picked up a book, “What am I looking for?”

Bobby sighed, “Weren’t you listening?” I shook my head, prompting him to roll his eyes, “You’re impossible, Scarlett. There’s been some weird murders, look like animal attacks.”

I opened the book, “Werewolf?”

Bobby shook his head, “Hearts were still intact.” I nodded and started to flip through the book, looking for some supernatural being that rips people apart and leaves their hearts. Bobby was in the kitchen when he started yelling to me, “By the way, I called in some help.” I jumped up from my spot on the couch and threw my book onto his desk, effectively knocking down the pile that had formed when Bobby had been sifting through his library.

I stomped into the kitchen, “What?” What the hell did he mean he called in some help! We don’t need help and I don’t need other hunters finding out what I am. It’s bad enough that Bobby knows what I am and where my family is. I crossed my arms over my chest, “We don’t need any help. We can do this by ourselves.”

Bobby looked at me, “Calm down. They’re good hunters and very trustworthy. You’ll like them, they’re igits like you.” I sneered at him.

“How well do you know them?”

Bobby walked over to the cabinets, “I’ve known them since they were kids.” He opened one cabinet only to close it again the next second. He moved to the next one and pulled a small glass from the top shelf. Going over to the fridge, he pulled it open quickly and grabbed a jug of dark liquid from the back.

I walked next to him as he poured some of the contents of the jug into the glass, “You better not tell them what I am.”

My eyes flashed red for a second, prompting Bobby to shove the glass into my hands, “Calm down. I’m not gonna tell ‘em. It’s one hunt and then they’ll be on their way.”

I swallowed the thick liquid in one gulp, “When will they be here?” I was answered by a loud knocking at the front door. Bobby walked down the hall to answer it.

Right before he opened the door he called over his shoulder to me, “Be nice.”

I rolled my eyes as I heard him pull open the door, “Well this should be just lovely.” I dropped the glass into the sink and it landed with a clank. I knew Bobby heard it and I knew he would be rolling his eyes at me. Shaking my head I walked back into the living room, so I wasn’t able to see the two guys that were supposed to be helping us on the hunt. I flopped onto the couch and grabbed one of the books that I knocked to the floor earlier. The conversation that was happening at the front door rang loud and clear with me.

I could hear Bobby leading the two men into the living room, “There’s someone I want you boys to meet.” I was lounging on the couch, lazily flipping through the book. I was not in the mood to meet new people, especially not hunters. My head turned to the three in the doorway as they entered the room. I can honestly say that I was not expecting the sight that greeted me. The two newcomers were both tall and both were gorgeous. I made eye contact with the taller one with shaggy brown hair and he gave a small smile, one which I did not return. Just because they were good looking it did not mean that I had to like them or be civil to them. Bobby stepped into the room, “Scarlett, this is Dean,” he gestured to the shorter one and then pointed to the taller of the two, “And this is Sam.” Bobby nodded to me, “Boys, this is Scarlett. She’ll be joining us on this hunt.”