~Chapter Six~

Chapter Six

Scarlett’s P.O.V.

We had about another 15 hours until we reached Bobby’s house in South Dakota. The ride had been fairly silent, except for the radio. I was sitting in the back seat of the impala, staring out the window at the passing scenery. I hope everything back at the house is running smoothly. I would have to go back soon. Next week three of the girls will be going through their hell. It’s important that I’m there to help everything run smoothly. With a sigh I pulled my flask from my jacket pocket. It was going to be empty soon. I hope Bobby will have something for me. If he doesn’t then I’m going to be screwed. Sam’s voice broke me from my thoughts, “How are you doing back there, Scarlett?”

I turned my head away from the window and looked at Sam, “I’m fine.”

Sam looked at me, “You sure? Do you need to stop or something?”

I shook my head, “No, I’m fine. I could make it all the way to Bobby’s without stopping.”

Dean joined our conversation, “Oh yeah?”

I nodded, “Yeah.”

Dean smirked, “I bet I could outlast you.” I shook my head, what the hell? When did this turn into a competition?

I raised my eyebrow, “Um, okay. I don’t remember challenging you to any sort of competition.”

Dean smiled, “Challenge accepted!”

I rolled my eyes at his antics, “I never challenged you.” Sam was sitting in the front seat, laughing quietly.

Dean smacked his shoulder, “What are you laughing about, Sammy? You’re in this too.”

Sam stopped laughing and turned to Dean, “What? Who said I wanted to be part of this stupid competition?”

Dean smirked, “I did. Now shut up.” Sam and I looked at each other with raised eyebrows. Dean was being really weird. Whatever. I turned my head to look out the window once again. I knew I was going to outlast Dean, but it would still be fun to watch him try to beat me.

A couple of hours passed and Dean was starting to look a little uncomfortable. I was anticipating a stop in, maybe 45 minutes. There was no way Dean was going to make it another hour. I smirked at Dean when we made eye contact through the rearview mirror. He glared and continued driving, “I’m gonna beat you, Scar.”

I smiled, “If you say so.” I looked over at Sam and he was sleeping. He looked really cute. No, shut up. You’re not allowed to think these things. Why not? Why can’t I like Sam? Because he would hate you once he found out what you really are. He’s a hunter. He could never like something supernatural like you. I sighed to myself, this whole thing really sucks. I never really got to have a boyfriend when I was living. I never really wanted one either, all the guys at my school were idiots and never liked me for being different. I didn’t really care because I figured that I would grow up and the guys would be more mature. Now that I’m dead I want this guy, who I barely know, to like me. What the hell is wrong with my brain? Why do I want something at the worst possible time for me to try to be normal and happy?

I turned my head forward when I heard Sam start to wake up from his nap, “Where are we?”

Dean looked at him quickly, “Driving on some road in Indiana.”

Sam rubbed his eyes and stretched, “How much longer until we get to Bobby’s?”

Dean was staring at the road, “A few more hours. Hopefully we can make it there later tonight.”

I smirked, “If you don’t have to stop then we definitely will get there tonight.”

Sam laughed while Dean glared at me, “I’m doing fine. I don’t need to stop, but if you do it’s okay.”