~Chapter Fourteen~

Chapter Fourteen

Sam’s P.O.V.

I watched Dean plunge his knife into Scarlett’s chest and I heard her hit the floor. Bobby, Dean, and I stood in silence for a few minutes as I tried not to think about the body of the woman that I loved lying a few feet away. The fact that Scarlett was a vampire explained so much and I knew that I should have been angry and that I shouldn’t have feelings for her, but I couldn’t. I still loved Scarlett even though she was some supernatural being. I shook my head, “Dean, why did you do that?” I walked over to Scarlett and kneeled beside her.

I wrapped my hand around the handle of the knife and I was about to pull it out when Dean stopped me, “Sam, leave that knife where it is.” I let go of the handle and looked into her lifeless eyes. I placed my hand over her eyes and gently pushed her lids closed. I stood up and walked out of the room, out of the warehouse and sat in the Impala. I only had to wait a few minutes before Bobby and Dean came out to the car. The ride back to the motel was completely silent. Bobby refused to say anything to Dean and I was right there with him. What Dean did was completely uncalled for. Scarlett was not evil and she was not going to kill us. He could have let her go, but he had to be a jerk.

When we pulled into the parking lot of the motel Bobby got out of the car, “I’ll see you boys around.” He went over to his car, got in and drove away. I wasn’t surprised, but Dean was.

He looked over at me, “What’s with him?”

I shook my head, “Really? You have to ask me that?” I opened the door and got out of the car. I went up to our room and lay down on my bed.

Dean came in shortly after, “What’s wrong with you?”

I sat up, “Are you kidding, Dean?! You just killed Scarlett! You knew how I felt about her and you killed her!” I stood up and took threatening steps towards Dean.

He threw his bag on the floor and walked towards me, “She was a monster, Sam. You can’t tell me you still love her.”

I pushed him, “Don’t call her that! And I do still love her. I will always love her!”

Dean pushed me back, “Sam, you need to see the facts. You can’t love something you were meant to hunt.” He stormed past me and towards the fridge. He grabbed a beer and cracked it open, taking a sip. I sighed and walked to the door, opening it. Dean spoke before I stepped outside, “Where are you going?”

I kept my back to him, “To take a walk.”

Dean put his beer on the table, “Sam, you better stay away from that warehouse. I meant it.” I ignored him and left the motel. I stepped into the cool night air and walked through the parking lot heading to the sidewalk that would lead me into town. I walked past shops and a diner and alleyways. I passed a few people, but I didn’t give them a second glance. Once I had walked through the town I made it to a dirt road. I walked through the dust, kicking small rocks as I went. I had been walking for half an hour when I finally reached the big empty building. I pushed open the door and walked through the damp hallways. I made it to the room where Scarlett’s body lay. I slowly moved towards her and looked around the room. I don’t know why, it’s not like anyone followed me here. I kneeled next to her and pulled the knife from her chest. There was a sharp intake of breath as she instantly sat up and her hand wrapped around my throat. My eyes got wide as I gasped for air and instinctively grabbed her wrist. Her fangs were out and her eyes were red. When she saw that it was me that she was choking she let go of my throat. My head dropped and I took several deep breaths.

Scarlett’s eyes returned to their normal color and her fangs retracted, “Hello, Sam.”

Scarlett’s P.O.V.

I opened my eyes and was surrounded by darkness. It felt as though my body was being ripped apart as I desperately tried to fill my lungs with air. I clawed at the enclosed space and tried to turn over, but I couldn’t, I could only lie on my back. I knew I had only been in the darkness for a few hours, but it felt like I had been here for thousands of years. I felt something pulling at my heart, but not in a sadistic, maniacal way. I arched my back and let my arms fall limp at my sides as my chest rose and the pulling got rougher. Suddenly I didn’t feel like I was suffocating and I took a sharp breath, sitting straight up and grabbing the throat of the figure I felt before me. My eyes snapped open to see Sam gripping my wrist and gasping for air. I retracted my fangs and released my grip, “Hello, Sam.” He looked at the floor and took deep breaths for a few minutes. He finally looked up at me and smiled. I was not sharing his good mood though, “Why did you do that? Your brother is going to be pissed.”

Sam shook his head, “I don’t care. I love you Scarlett. No matter what, I will always love you.”

I felt the tears build in my eyes, but I didn’t try to blink them back. I let them fall down my face, “Sam, we can’t be together. It would never work. I’m dead, you’re not. How can we have a normal relationship?”

“If there’s one thing I learned in my life it’s that there is no such thing as normal. I don’t care if you’re a vampire because I know you’re not evil. I don’t care if you’re dead because I will do whatever it takes to make this work. I need you, Scarlett.”

I wiped the tears from my eyes and leaned towards Sam, “You need to stop doing this.”

Sam moved closer, “Doing what?”

I whispered, “Making me fall in love with you.” I pressed my cold lips to his and he instantly kissed back, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer. I pulled away, but Sam quickly pushed his lips back to mine. After kissing for a few minutes we stood up and left the warehouse. We walked down the dirt road and when we reached the end I grabbed Sam’s hand and looked up at him, “Dean will never let this happen and I don’t want to cause more tension between you two, so I think it’s best if I go away and we never see each other again. Dean doesn’t have to know what you did.”

Sam grabbed my shoulders, “Scarlett, we don’t have to let Dean dictate our lives. If he’s not okay with us then it’s too bad.”

I shook my head, “Sam, Dean is the only family you have right now. You two have to stick together and I have to go.”

I shrugged his hands from my shoulders and turned to walk away when Sam stopped me, “I’ll talk to him. Make him see that you’re not someone to be feared.”

“Let me know if you change his mind.” With one final kiss I ran off, away from the man I love and towards my normal routine of a life where I would never see Sam again. Wait, did I just say love?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! She's alive! I am so sorry for taking so long to update. I only have the next chapter written and then I am so stuck, so I actually might do a little time jump to the third season. I'll have to see though. Nothing set in stone yet. I hope you guys are still enjoying this and I thank you so much for the comments and the votes. It means so much to me.