⁷ LUCKY

───CHAPTER 07───

───CHAPTER 07───

She quickly wiped her cheek, clearing her throat with averted eyes. Even when she wasn't looking, Rai was certain of All Might's knowing gaze, a warm smile on his skinny features.

Her skin felt transparent, every nerve, vessel and bone on display. Her heart pumped furiously and so loud that the hero could've heard it easily. That's how he knew, she told herself. He saw right through her cool and collected mask.

"Woah— Is that All Might?" Her ears perk up to the growing chatter of faceless students. "What's he doing here?"

Rai glanced back at the hero, his expression contorting with a wary smile. She couldn't recall if he was supposed to be somewhere, maybe with Aizawa. Although the point was for him to remain unseen she realized.

The chair scraped against the stone, Rai leaning over the table to grab All Might's cold cup of coffee. "You're not supposed to be here," she let slip past thin lips.

"Not necessarily. It was sort of a. . . surprise," He chuckled.

Her brows quirked, her golden stare meeting with the growing crowd. "I need to get you out of here," she grumbled.

The last thing she needed was the word to go out about her little sit-down with All Might. Who knows what excuse the Headmaster will twine together, another thread to his web of lies and deception.

Any hint of a smile washed off her face, her posture straight and arms crossed when she waited by All Might's side, glaring at anyone else who tried to swarm the hero. The younger students, at least the ones in front of her had no restraint. They were taught to get what they wanted by whatever means, even if it meant trampling another student to speak with All Might.

A tall boy slid between the girl talking her head off with All Might. "You're being annoying, Scarlet. Give the guy some breathing room, huh?"

A breath of relief left Rai's mouth, her eyes falling on Ashton's raven-black hair. She tugs the back of his sleeve, earning his attention. "Get us out of here," she said to him.

He turns back to look between All Might and Rai, a mischievous smirk falling on his lips. "No— Hi Ashton? I missed you, Ashton?" He places his hands on his hips. "Can you please save me Ashton, My favourite—"

"Ashton. . . Can you please get us out of here?" Rai asked through a forced smile.

Ashton's smile only grew wider, perfectly straight teeth on display. "Of course, Rai. I suggest you hold on Sir. Not everyone likes warping on their first time," he chirps.